• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2014

Some fine IPA's
7F669710-83B9-4C00-9203-D46F0F2FB4B1_zpszrqvzaau.jpg

0F59104C-792A-44FF-B5D2-45F35CB3A08E_zpswxzhbnt0.jpg

Did you enjoy the Otter Creek Paul?  I drink a lot of that when I'm in Vermont vacationing.  My wife and I got married in Stowe, VT and we had Otter Creek Copper Ale as one of the beers.  I always enjoy it.

Brickhouse said:
Did you enjoy the Otter Creek Paul?  I drink a lot of that when I'm in Vermont vacationing.  My wife and I got married in Stowe, VT and we had Otter Creek Copper Ale as one of the beers.  I always enjoy it.

Yes I do enjoy it a lot. I have had that one in the back of the fridge for over a year.

Had a couple Dogfather Bourbon Barreled Imperial Stouts and a nap for the big game.  That was a tasty couple of bombers!!

2 2-14-14 Enjoy By IPA bombers , and countless other IPA's.

Gulden Draak Brewmasters Edition - Definitely should have bought more than one of these. Aging this golden ale gives it a nice not too overly sweet finish. You'd never know it is almost 11%.

That Draak looks delish! Was it still spicy/tart?

I had 2 more Lagunitas Sucks tonight. :love:

emoshun said:
That Draak looks delish! Was it still spicy/tart?

I had 2 more Lagunitas Sucks tonight. :love:
Hmmmm........ I must have been feeling the effects when I posted that.... Was supposed to read "aging this beer in whiskey barrels".

It still had the spice and profile of the regular Draak. The whiskey barrel aging gave it a pleasant boozy sweetness though.

Yesterday at the Outlaw:

The Abyss 2013
The Abyss 2010
Boulevard Chocolate Ale

Agreed Jimmy.  It's been too long.  Although it tastes like they tweaked the recipe a tad.
33us5co.jpg

The Black Cloud said:
Agreed Jimmy.  It's been too long.  Although it tastes like they tweaked the recipe a tad.
I did a side by side with last years batch a couple of weeks ago, expecting a noticeable difference due to the age. Nothing really noticeable at all surprisingly. I keep my beer fridge around 35, but I was still shocked how this beer had held up compared to most hoppy beers.

There's something peculiar with this release, John.  Last year we were swimming in Sucks.  This year we only got a very limited shipment a little over a month ago which I never saw and this latest batch just hit shelves last week.  Some people have posted that there are large batch variations between six packs even.  Kinda makes me wonder if they dumped a batch out due to quality control.  To my eyes it seemed lighter in color, more of a gold color than bronze, and a tad more rough around the edges with a slight decrease in the tropical hop notes.

At any rate, I drank it down and enjoyed it.  Still happy I have 10 more bottles in the fridge.  This is one of my favorite IPA/DIPA's of all time.