• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops. It's nothing like the game though. This one by Brooklyn goes down much smoother :thumbs:
Is that this years batch?

WOW. Mike, as far as I know it hasn't released yet so this must be last years. Surprising to still see bottles on the shelf.

I'm 99.99% sure this was a one time only release, at the end of 2008.
I believe its a limited seasonal release...they don't date bottles but the first batch was in 2008...they are usually release around end november / december.

This year will be their 3rd batch. I have 2008 and 2009 bottles want to get a 2010 bottle when it comes out.

Edit: Stand corrected 2007 was the first batch which was not distributed, tap only with a few bottles given to friends. 2010 will be batch 4

I just bought a bottle of Brooklyn Black Ops. It's nothing like the game though. This one by Brooklyn goes down much smoother :thumbs:
Is that this years batch?

WOW. Mike, as far as I know it hasn't released yet so this must be last years. Surprising to still see bottles on the shelf.

I'm 99.99% sure this was a one time only release, at the end of 2008.

Uh no...it was released last year as well. The only way to tell the years apart is the ABV. There will probably be another release next month. This should be a yearly limited seasonal.

Edit: Saw Mike's reply...can't wait till the new release. I still have a 2009 that I plan on enjoying soon. A year of age on this does it wonders. :D

Sam Adams Chocolate Bock. I picked up a Winter sampler and was ecstatic to find out the Cranberry Lambic has been replaced by this brew.

Doc.

God that beer is aweful! They took it out of there because now they're selling it by the six pack. :barf:

I'm still trying to figure out how they get away with calling it a lambic...

I wouldn't know, I tossed the bottle in the trash already. I'm assuming it's last year's release

It's cool. Not a big deal but what's really cool is that you picked it up instead of getting a 24 pack of heinekin :sign:

Very nice! (Borat voice) That is totally cool. How would you describe it being different from the bottle? Creamier?

Much less carbonation than the bottle. Definitely hoppier. Not sure how to describe it... not creamier... close, though. It's almost like you can taste the fact that the... hop oil (?) is present from the re-hopping... but I don't want to say "oily" because that just sounds bad.

Thanks. This sounds like something I'll need to make the effort to try.

Uh no...it was released last year as well. The only way to tell the years apart is the ABV. There will probably be another release next month. This should be a yearly limited seasonal.

Edit: Saw Mike's reply...can't wait till the new release. I still have a 2009 that I plan on enjoying soon. A year of age on this does it wonders. :D

I believe its a limited seasonal release...they don't date bottles but the first batch was in 2008...they are usually release around end november / december.

This year will be their 3rd batch. I have 2008 and 2009 bottles want to get a 2010 bottle when it comes out.

Edit: Stand corrected 2007 was the first batch which was not distributed, tap only with a few bottles given to friends. 2010 will be batch 4

Thanks for the insight. Had I waited before posting, I would have seen Brooklyn's update about them brewing the 2010 batch. I'll have to do some research and see which bottle it is that I have.

Had my first Chimey. It was the white label triple. I saved the yeast so I can make a clone of one of the three once I try the blue and red :D

Had my first Chimey. It was the white label triple. I saved the yeast so I can make a clone of one of the three once I try the blue and red :D
Never had the white...you should make a Grand cru chimey ... blend all 3 different beers

This weekend went to Mexico ... shared 4 40oz Tecate with my cousin. This is by far my favorite mexican beer. Negra Modelo is the other.

Its amazing how drinking bombers of 9,10,11% helped me with 80oz of 4.5%.

Venetucci Pumpkin Ale is the bees knees this time of year :) freaking YUMM
Venetucci_Pumpkin_for_web.jpg

2010 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I love pretty much any beer by SN.

Jonathan's coffee stout that he gifted me a bottle of at the last SoCal herf. Liked it! I'll tell ya, Jon, that brew packed some heat! I have no idea what the ABV was but I'm guessing somewhere between 7 and 8. I'm feeling it and it was only a 12oz bottle! Curiously (or not) in the middle of the taste I got a pretty distinct tobacco flavor which I dug quite a lot. The beer had a bit of sour/bitterness which I wasn't expecting, but it was pretty unique. If you upped the malty sweetness a bit I would buy a whole case of the stuff from you! Thanks man!

Jonathan's coffee stout that he gifted me a bottle of at the last SoCal herf. Liked it! I'll tell ya, Jon, that brew packed some heat! I have no idea what the ABV was but I'm guessing somewhere between 7 and 8. I'm feeling it and it was only a 12oz bottle! Curiously (or not) in the middle of the taste I got a pretty distinct tobacco flavor which I dug quite a lot. The beer had a bit of sour/bitterness which I wasn't expecting, but it was pretty unique. If you upped the malty sweetness a bit I would buy a whole case of the stuff from you! Thanks man!

Jon brews a damn good beer....He made a Surly Furious clone that is just delicious. He kindly gifted me two more bottles yesterday, cant wait to crack one open!
wub.gif

He and I had a Brooklyn Brewery Stout, some Just Outstanding IPA, and a Lagunitas Brown Shugga yesterday while smoking some cigars and pipes. Twas a great day!

I'm having a Stone Collaboration - Kona Coffee, Macadamia, Coconut Porter. Are they still making this? I have two bottles that I bought a few months back. First time I had it this spring I didn't particularly enjoy it much. This time however, is a different story.

2010 Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale. I love pretty much any beer by SN.

Waiting for the last of the 30th anniversary beers, the Grand Cru. Keep on hearing good things about it.

Had one of these on Thanksgiving. Taste like it will be awesome according to what I like in a year or so. Way too hot for my taste right now though.

I'm having a Stone Collaboration - Kona Coffee, Macadamia, Coconut Porter. Are they still making this? I have two bottles that I bought a few months back. First time I had it this spring I didn't particularly enjoy it much. This time however, is a different story.

Just a one time thing from what I gather. I broke one of my bottles when moving my stock around three weeks ago. :( My basement still smells like it.

Had a Rochefort 10 yesterday followed by a couple of Stella's with dinner. Wanted something lite and refreshing at that point.

Kona Pipeline Porter. Nice taste from the Kona coffee. Even the wife liked it.

Had a few Friday night at the poker game with my buddy Ray...

- Started out with Stone Vertical Epic Ale 10.10.10, tasted kinda close to a wine spritzer to me. Actually wasn't bad, few more bottles put up to try MUCH later.
- Growler of Bell's Best Brown Ale, didn't care for it at all. Our buddy Webber was happy to dispose of it for us.
- Rogue Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale, loved this! Like a hoppy stout.
- Growler of Bell's Expedition Stout, so good I went back and got four more growlers full yesterday. :D
- Victory Storm King stout, mmmm...mmmm good!
- Taste tested Ray's home brew lager, wasn't bad at all really. Drinkable. Webber stated it was like a New Castle.

Status
Not open for further replies.