• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not drinking at all tonight, but I want to get laid, so I got my wife a sixer of her favorite beer, Old Speckled Hen. Should do the trick!
Thanks for adding value to the conversation.

Brooklyn Lager. This looked, and tasted, more like an ale to me. Sort of like a Smithwicks. I enjoyed it.

Was in WI this weekend so I drank a lot of Miller Lite at Summerfest. Also had a couple of martinis too.

Had a couple of MGDs at the White Sox game, not the same as Imperial Stout, i'm screwed now, all i do is compare all beer to I. S..

Last night I had one of my two bottles of Moylan's Hopsickle "Triple Hoppy" Imperial IPA. After my tongue recovers from the beating I'll have to crack the 2nd bottle and do a proper review.

Having a Deschutes 20th Anny Wit at the moment that was gifted by pdeleone (thanks again :thumbs: ).

Uncle Jackson's Blonde Ale, brewed by a local microbrewery ingeniously named The Brewerie.

Last drop of the seven-year aged Havana Club I brought back from the ISOM a few months back :(

Last night I had a 2006 Gouden Carolus Grand Cru of the Emperor. It was freaking fantastic but was much sweeter now than the last time I drank one.

Last night I had a 2006 Gouden Carolus Grand Cru of the Emperor. It was freaking fantastic but was much sweeter now than the last time I drank one.

Man I love that beer! I have some '07 bottles aging. I might have to bust one out and see how they're doing.

We just got Bear Republic this week! I'm drinking a Racer 5 after a brutal week at work. Hop Rod Rye is next!

We just got Bear Republic this week! I'm drinking a Racer 5 after a brutal week at work. Hop Rod Rye is next!
You're in for a treat! Both are fantastic, but the Hop Rod Rye is out of this world!

You're in for a treat! Both are fantastic, but the Hop Rod Rye is out of this world!
I've had them before, that's why I was so excited that they finally are available here. I did also pick up the Pete Brown Tribute, which is a new one for me. They say Oskar Blues is coming next!

Just starting to explore new beers, its been a friday routine with my dad. Kinda of nice to be able to spend time with him and try new stuff. Last night we tried the following, since I am kinda of new I liked em all LOL!!

Local 1
Boddington
and a few others I can't remember or spell LOL

Any suggestions for next friday!

Just starting to explore new beers, its been a friday routine with my dad. Kinda of nice to be able to spend time with him and try new stuff. Last night we tried the following, since I am kinda of new I liked em all LOL!!

Local 1
Boddington
and a few others I can't remember or spell LOL

Any suggestions for next friday!

Mark, if you liked the Local 1, try some Rochefort 10. There are so many good beers out there, just find a store with somebody knowledgeable that can give you suggestions. I'd suggest trying as many different styles as you can to start with so you can figure out what you like, then go from there.

Had a Summer '08 YuleSmith I got in a trade. The nose was phenomenal, but it was a bit on the hot side and not as balanced as I would have liked. In retrospect I wish I had let it sit awhile longer. I was going for the whole "Christmas in July" thing, though.

Any suggestions for next friday?

LOCAL, it looks like you're in my neck of the woods. The Philly/Eastern PA/NJ area is blessed with some great breweries. Some good local choices that hit the spot this time of year are:

Victory Prima Pils (a true Czech Pilsner...nice, crisp and hoppy)
Troegs Sunshine Pils (similar, yet different)
Philadelphia Brewing Co. Rowhouse Red (a summer saison brewed with Rye)
Flying Fish Farmhouse Summer Ale (brewed right in your backyard...Cherry Hill!)
River Horse Hop Hazard Pale Ale (brewed up in Lambertville, NJ)
Stoudt's Gold (great for those that may be "squeamish" about craft beer)

These are just a few suggestions. I second Justin's call of finding someone knowledgeable in your area and getting suggestions. If you're ever in the DelCo area, let me know and I'll take you to some of our better distributors.

Last night: Mackeson XXX, Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, and finished with a Guiness only because by the third beer it doesn't matter what beer it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.