• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have to add, I got to try the first sneak peek of Darkness 2009... I did not care for 2008, basically figured Imperials were not for me. I enjoyed 2009.

Justin, I officially invite you out for Winter Fest (February) or next year's Autumn Beer Review. They are fucking unbelievable man. We had 60 craft breweries at ABR. It was just ridiculous. Throw in 3000 drunk party animals with good taste and wild spirits... If it had broken out into an all out orgy, it would not have surprised me.

Life sometimes is like a blowjob.

I'll make it out there some day. There are way too many beer events I'd love to go to, and unfortunately not enough time/money. I think Great Taste of the Midwest in Madison will probably be my first Midwest beer excursion.

Had Cuvee 2 from the tap at Southern Tier on Saturday.

I brought home some Unearthly, Iniquity, Uber Sun, and a bottle of their Creme Brulee Stout. The stout will probably be sacrificed Wednesday.

Hate to say it bro, but I was not impressed with Unearthly. Way too much alcohol, not enough balance. This seems to be a market trend with the Doubles, but not many are getting it right. There are three that I know of that (IMO) have gotten it right. Bell's HopSlam, Surly 16 Grit, and Flying Dog Double Dog Ale. The last of those I'm drinking now.

Also, we had a chance to try Southern's Creme Brulee Stout at Autumn Beer Review. Again, too much alcohol. Here, they tried to balance it with the sweetness of a 'sort of' creme brulee flavor; everyone agreed it just didn't work. Oh well, their Pumpking Ale is unbeatable.

Not a problem. Different strokes. I'll take your advice and try those beers. Really becoming a hop head.

From tap:
Lost Abbey-10 commandments. Brown Saison. Very good but alcohol-y on finish.
Dogfish head-Burton Batton. Was told it is 90 min aged in vanilla casks with hops and other goodies...pretty stellar.
Darkhorse-Boffo Brown. Meh.
Southern Tier-Cherry Saison. Very good as the cherry is not the primary flavor.

750 ml Bottle:
Thiriez-Extra. Wow. 4.5% ABV French farmhouse dry hopped. Super refined and crafty. And very French!

Drinking a Stone VE 09.09.09...wow what a robust and complex beer. It has a nice bread taste with milk chocolate, coffee and a slight taste of tangerine in the forefront. I can only imagine what a few years will do.

I totally recommend this to all you stout and porter lovers!

Bayern Doppelbock - Excellent flavor but it got a bit flat towards the end

Weyerbacher Heresy - I had a bottle of this in August that had been in my fridge for at least 2 years and it was amazing. This newer bottle is way different. More boozy and molasses and less cocoa/milk chocolate flavors. I think the aging helped my last bottle so I'll be resting the other bottles I have.

This evening Beth and I are going out to Avocado Mexican restaurant in Cornwall and I'll be sippin' on a few Negra Modelo beers........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

http://avocadorestaurant.com/

Still haven't tried a Negra Modelo... I have seen a few people post on them in here, maybe I will snag a sixer and give em a go sometime.

Last night had a Moylans IPA, couldn't finish it. No balance what so ever with a very bitter astringent after taste that lingered int the back of your mouth. Just opeed my 2nd Longshot Traditional Bock...excellent! Crisp clean bready and malty, all I can say is yum.

Tonight drinking a CW Brewhouse Coffee Stout ... this is by far the best coffee beer I've had, FBS has a little competition here. Try and get your hands on this...a must try!

Picked up a Magic Hat 12 pack mixed sampler to enjoy at a poker party tonight. We just got Magic Hat in TX so I was eager to try them all. Had the Circus Boy, #9, Roxy Rolles, and Odd Notion Fall 2009. The Odd Notion was the best in the pack and I'm kinda sad that I only have 2 more left. The Roxy Rolles was way too bitter and not balanced at all. I was interested to try the #9 as well since I've seen it referenced here and on BA. Not too bad for a fruit beer...the fruit flavors are pretty balanced.

Had a bottle of my homebrew Oaked Porter. It's a lot better than the last time I tried it, but still not great by any stretch.

Well last night since I wasn't at the GABF, grrr....I met up with Chico and some friends at a local. Was really looking forward to having Sculpin on cask, but wouldn't you know it just my luck they ran out. So instead, this is what I had:
A Little Sumpin' Extra! - tap
Hottenroth Berliner Weisse - tap
Hell Export Lager - tap
Aloha Plenty - bottle
Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer - bottle

Went home feeling great but I am paying for it this morning :angry: :angry:

Well last night since I wasn't at the GABF, grrr....I met up with Chico and some friends at a local. Was really looking forward to having Sculpin on cask, but wouldn't you know it just my luck they ran out. So instead, this is what I had:
A Little Sumpin' Extra! - tap
Hottenroth Berliner Weisse - tap
Hell Export Lager - tap
Aloha Plenty - bottle
Gouden Carolus Carolus D'Or - Cuvée Van De Keizer - bottle

Went home feeling great but I am paying for it this morning :angry: :angry:

The Little Sumpin' Extra is a good beer. I got to have Pumpking Ale on tap last night. Very good. Expensive.... but good.

Uuugghh.. They had $1 Bush Lights at the Sportmans Club after shooting sporting clays. The 15th tasted as bad as the first. How the hell did I do that in college all those years? It would have been worth the extra $15 to be without the after taste and headache today.

Thinking you terds at the GABF makes it even that much worse. I can't wait for the beer goggled pics, Jonas!

Uuugghh.. They had $1 Bush Lights at the Sportmans Club after shooting sporting clays. The 15th tasted as bad as the first. How the hell did I do that in college all those years? It would have been worth the extra $15 to be without the after taste and headache today.

Thinking you terds at the GABF makes it even that much worse. I can't wait for the beer goggled pics, Jonas!

Am I the only one getting taunting texts and phone calls? :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.