• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a Terrapin Pumpkinsomething, and a left hand imperial stout and taco mac.

Southern Tier Pumking. After extensive research with pumpkin beers this season, I deemed this one the best.

Had New Holland's pumpkin ale earlier. It was alright, but nowhere near the Pumpking Ale. Which is up next. :)

Night of the Living Dead and Pumpking Ale. Happy Halloween!

Enjoyed a Dogfish 60 min IPA and Magic Hat #9 this evening.[twitter]simpleman1977[/twitter]

I'm trying to remember my beer drinking exploits all the way from Friday night, so um, yeah, I may have forgotten some stuff.

Went to Barney's Beanery in Burbank for the first time and aside from falling in love with the waitresses, I had a couple pints of some Hawaiian-surfer themed porter whose name escapes me. Liked it. Then, on our waitress' recommendation we moved on to some beer called Fireman's Porter or something to that effect. Quite good with an ABV of 10% yet smooth as a baby's butt! Gotta try that again. From what she said it's brewed by a small group of firemen, but I don't know how accurate that is. After about 5 or 6 of those I think I ended the session there with a bomber of Moylan's Kilt Lifter. After that, a buddy and I went to our favorite pub for last call. Had a couple pints of Guinness but it wasn't settling right with everything else. Grabbed some grub at Bob's Big Boy and then passed out.

Saturday was Jacktoberfest (put on by Jack FM) at Santa Anita racetrack. Brought my mass with me and filled it up with Dos Equis Amber (meh, not bad but not great). Later when I made it to where the fest was centered I found a beer tent where they had a better selection of beer. Filled the mug up with Firestone Oktoberfest and was very happy. Very nice beer! Ended up grubbing on a few brats and falling in love with the lead singer of Berlin (they played a gig). Afterwards went to my buddy's parent's house to give away candy and drink countless Heinekens.

All in all, it was a pretty epic weekend. Now if I can only get the phone number of that waitress!

Went to Barney's Beanery in Burbank for the first time and aside from falling in love with the waitresses, I had a couple pints of some Hawaiian-surfer themed porter whose name escapes me.

Kona Pipeline Porter? Excellent porter if that's the one you had.

On Saturday I had about 4 Real Ale Coffee Porters at a Halloween party and when I got home I had a can of Ten Fidy before passing out. Bad idea.

That's it! Yeah, it was very good. Mmmm, gotta go back there. They had a good selection of beer on tap.

Having a homebrew and playing a little COD. If it wasn't so cold out I would top it off with a nice cigar. After a long day working on home improvement projects it doesn't get much better than a tasty beer!

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, the new release. Doesn't taste like it's 10%, but it sure feels like it.

Spent yesterday afternoon at the tapping party for the '09 release of Deschutes "The Abyss". Had a vertical tasting of the '08 and '09 releases of "The Abyss". At 11%, a little of this goes a long way.....
wink.gif

Wonderful beer, worth the effort to find, IMHO. One of the few limited production craft beers that really lives up to the hype, IMHO.

Had a Sculpin and 2009 SN Bigfoot last night ... slept like a baby!

Last night I had a Twisted Pine Northstar Imperial Porter. Pretty damn good...

Had a Dark Star Stout followed by a Gordon last night.

Just started a Sam Adams Chocolate Bock about fifteen minutes ago. I was thinking "Meh" at first but, I can now definitely taste a bunch of flavors that were lacking before when the beer was colder. :love:

Maui Coconut Porter - Wow that was awesome...it smelled like fudge.
Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout - Always excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.