• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also had a Stone IPA. Good stuff, but some other IPA's I prefer much more over this. Still enjoyed though! Thats what counts!!

What would you put above it? I have had quite a few IPAs. In fact it is probably my ffavorite style and I would put Stone in my top 3.

Jack Daniels Downhome Punch

The beer knowledge is strong with this one.

:sign:

Stone IPA is good, but a bit too resin-ey for my tastes. Has the flavor of a Christmas tree, and even though it's not my favorite, I don't mind sipping on a bomber of it. I haven't had it in quite a while, but I remember Lagunitas having a damn good IPA.

Stone IPA is good, but a bit too resin-ey for my tastes. Has the flavor of a Christmas tree, and even though it's not my favorite, I don't mind sipping on a bomber of it. I haven't had it in quite a while, but I remember Lagunitas having a damn good IPA.

Lagunitas has a DIPA called Hop Stoopid that's awesome...I've read their regular IPA is decent. Bell's Two Hearted Ale is one of the best IPAs I've ever had. I'd buy it by the case if it were available here...

Rogue Dead Guy Ale - I enjoyed it, but wasn't exactly blown away. I still have 5 left, so I'm definitely going to give it another chance

Abita Jockamo IPA - Abita is a semi-local brand for me, so I wanted to give this one a try, even though it's an IPA, which isn't my favorite style. Very hoppy and bitter, as expected. I'm giving it about the same verdict as the Dead Guy - I enjoyed it, but wasn't blown away...willing to give it another chance on the other 5 I have.

Rogue Dead Guy Ale - I enjoyed it, but wasn't exactly blown away. I still have 5 left, so I'm definitely going to give it another chance

This is probably one of there better brews ... I love Dead Guy Ale and Chocolate Stout... they sell Dead Guy Ale by the 1/2 growler at the stores.

Enjoy the last five.

Lagunitas has a DIPA called Hop Stoopid that's awesome...I've read their regular IPA is decent. Bell's Two Hearted Ale is one of the best IPAs I've ever had. I'd buy it by the case if it were available here...

I have been wanting to try Bell Two Hearted for so long but just can't get it here. That and Pliny the Elder, I love IIPA's

I have been wanting to try Bell Two Hearted for so long but just can't get it here. That and Pliny the Elder, I love IIPA's

DIPA's are probably my go-to, but I am still a huge fan of any Sierra Nevada IPA offering, especially Torpedo. Hop Ottin IPA is great, as well as Just Outstanding IPA from Kern River Brewery. I just think the Stone can sometimes fall a little short on aftertaste, the hops profile fall through for me in that respect.

We got into Chicago area yesterday and had lunch at 3 Floyds brewpub. So I got a sample that included Pride and Joy, Robert the Bruce, Alpha King and Behemoth. Followed that with full servings of Topless Wych and Rabbid Rabbit. My wife liked Pride and Joy, Robert the Bruce and Rabbid Rabbit the best. My favorite was Topless Wych, a nice porter. Hopefully today i can make it to Sheffields and Goose Island.

Dead Guy Ale is good stuff. I'll be at Dillon's in Hollywood tonight for the Kings game. They don't rotate their selection as often as Blue Palms does, but I know they do have Stone Pale Ale, Arrogant Bastard, and a DIPA called Dead Lift there that is kinda awesome. So yeah, I should be 3 sheets to the wind 12 hours from now.

Friday night at Goose Island I had Sofie (wife liked it), their Maple Bacon Stout and Bourbon County. I could tase the maple much more in the bacon stout than I could the bacon.

Saturday we had: Dark Lord, Vanilla Bean Dark Lord, Oak aged Dark Lord, Goose Island Bourbon County Coffee Stout, Lagunitas Cappucino Stout, Ghost River Oatmeal Sout, KBS, Alaskan Smoked Porter (wife approved), Nugget nectar (wife approved), Hair of the Dog and some others that I can't remember now. Dark Lord Day is the best beer drinking day for me. Now I return to my normal scheduled drinking.

This is probably one of there better brews ... I love Dead Guy Ale and Chocolate Stout... they sell Dead Guy Ale by the 1/2 growler at the stores.

Enjoy the last five.

I'm kinda funny that way - frequently, the first time I try a beer (or a cigar, for that matter), it may not really appeal to me. So, unless it's just flat out nasty, I always reserve judgement until I've had a couple of them.

wub.gif
I thoroughly enjoyed my second Dead Guy, and my second Jockamo!
wub.gif

McSorley's Irish Black Lager

McSorley's Black is a good one. It's my favorite of the offerings at my local Irish Pub. Unfortunately, they don't have a very wide beer selection...but they do have Pabst Blue Ribbon, which is one of my favorite cheap drink-em-fast yard-work beers, and a couple of nice Irish whiskeys.

On the way out of Chicago yesterday we stopped at Sheffield's in Lakeview. I had Surly Furious and Founder's Hand of Doom form the tap. I wished I could have stayed longer and drank more, but we had to drive home.

Status
Not open for further replies.