• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the base of XI?

I was lucky enough to try 10 at a BA party but its not my favorite. So far, 12 is my personal favorite. Justin, Merkin coming out in 6 packs and Abacus should be bottled soon too.

I'm not sure what the base was. My brother and I did an 11, 12, 13 kinda vertical a while back and 11 was definitely my favorite. He liked the 12 the best.

Ommegang Hennepin....not my favorite.

My local had many bottles of Pumpking. Can't wait to go back and buy several.

Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout and Wyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale. The pumpkin stout was interesting, just a very slight hint of the pumpkin. The Wyerbacher was meh.

Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout and Wyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale. The pumpkin stout was interesting, just a very slight hint of the pumpkin. The Wyerbacher was meh.

I bought some of the Wyerbacher last year Tom. Thought it was nasty.

Well I indulged this weekend...friend was having some relationship issues so he came over to BBQ and hang out. Turned into a beerfest!

Lips Of Faith Sour Brown Ale, Drie Fonteinen Oude Kriek, Sculpin, Magnum IP (this was really good!), Lucky 13, Ayinger Celebrator paired with a '06 SLR Petite Corona, Sweetwater Road Trip and 420...oh and I had some of Justin's wonderful Brett Saison Homebrew (which I have to say I liked his beer better then Boulevards Brett-Saison...not as funky and Justin's brew had a nice mild sweetness to it), we then decided hell lets head to Verdugo Bar where I enjoyed a Shipyard Smashed Imperial Pumpkin, Sierra Nevada 30th Black Barleywine (very delicious!) and German Berliner Weiss (also delish!). Got home and lit one of Johnny-O's Robusto, my friend left my place in a better mood, wonders what some good beer and a couple of nice smoke can do. :thumbs: :thumbs:

All the pumpkin beer drinking makes me sad. :barf:
I have to agree .. out of all the pumpkin ales I've had I only enjoy Smuttynose...Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin was very cloying and it seemed like they ruined a perfectly good brown ale with nutmeg and pumpkin spices. was probably the worst beer I had on Saturday

I have a friend who, upon hearing of my love for pumpkin beer, said, "Don't fruit the beer!"

I still love it though. I'm given to loving pumpkin, as I love the pie, ice cream, soup, bread, coffee, etc. I suppose it also helps that I love the fall season, and halloween and Thanksgiving.

:laugh: Dude, it's not exactly like smoking an Acid. And besides, so few can actually do it well. In fact, Pumpking is the only one I've had that was really good. And that beer is really, really good.

Wait a minute... aren't you a Coffee Bender fan? How is adding coffee to beer any different than adding berry/spice/coconut/pumpkin/peppercorn/or even ice cream, for that matter?

This weekend has seen me drink some Old Rasputin, Allagash Black, Arrogant Bastard, and a local DIPA called Hopdazed from a micro brewery a minute from my home. Good stuff, but no cigars! Hmmph.

:laugh: Dude, it's not exactly like smoking an Acid. And besides, so few can actually do it well. In fact, Pumpking is the only one I've had that was really good. And that beer is really, really good.

Wait a minute... aren't you a Coffee Bender fan? How is adding coffee to beer any different than adding berry/spice/coconut/pumpkin/peppercorn/or even ice cream, for that matter?

Nothing wrong with adding anything to beer as far as I'm concerned, as a matter of fact I have a couple fruit lambics fermenting right now. I just think pumpkin beers are disgusting, which is kinda weird since I like most pumpkin things. Don't typically care for any spiced beer though, so that could be why.

I wonder what a pumpkin lambic would be like...

After 5 bottles the fact that you could feel anything is quite amazing! :D

Nothing wrong with adding anything to beer as far as I'm concerned, as a matter of fact I have a couple fruit lambics fermenting right now. I just think pumpkin beers are disgusting, which is kinda weird since I like most pumpkin things. Don't typically care for any spiced beer though, so that could be why.

To each his own, of course, and hey that's just more pumpkin beer on the shelf for me. Personally I find the average Belgian style to be more spiced than most pumpkin ales I've had.

Yeah, what ya gonna do? Your comment cracked me up pretty hard.

Couple of Surly Furious while enjoying the kickoff of the college football season.

Status
Not open for further replies.