• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the past 3-4 days:

Jester King Commercial Suicide Bourbon Barrel Aged
Avery Rumpkin
Rahr BA Winter Warmer
Founders Backwoods Bastard
Lagunitas Brown Shugga

Weston Brew Lab Hot Pepper Ale
Boulevard Dark Truth Stout
Founders Breakfast Stout
Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad

Shared with an old high school buddy of mine.

Ah damn I had a Bourbon Barrel Quad as well a few days ago. Good lord that beer is completely different now that it's 100% barrel aged. Very complex and almost sour from the cherries but the barrel adds lots of vanilla to the flavor. Good stuff.

Just finished a FiftyFifty Imperial Eclipse Stout aged in Heaven Hill barrels...the 2009 version. Incredible aromas and flavors but I still think the Elijah Craig version was a bit better. Still a damn good barrel aged stout. With my vacation continuing this whole week I plan to open many other awesome beers...

Last night I had a Hercule Stout ... for all you stout lovers this one is a great beer:
BA Hercule Stout
RateBeer Hercule Stout

It was a nice medium body and creamy, this should pair up well with a Padron. In fact I am going to my local to pick 2 more up! :thumbs:

Ah damn I had a Bourbon Barrel Quad as well a few days ago. Good lord that beer is completely different now that it's 100% barrel aged. Very complex and almost sour from the cherries but the barrel adds lots of vanilla to the flavor. Good stuff.

Just finished a FiftyFifty Imperial Eclipse Stout aged in Heaven Hill barrels...the 2009 version. Incredible aromas and flavors but I still think the Elijah Craig version was a bit better. Still a damn good barrel aged stout. With my vacation continuing this whole week I plan to open many other awesome beers...
Nice .. we just had a FiftyFifty IES HH at my place and that one stole the show, I could only imagine what teh EC is like.

Over the past couple days.

Bottle
Victory Hop Devil
Stone IPA
Stone Arrogant Bastard
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Green Flash Barley wine
Rouge Chocolate Stout

Can
Tetley's English Cream Ale

Tap
Russian River Blind Pig
Russian River Pliny the Elder
Stone Chipotle Pepper Smoked Porter

:)

edit: added a few bottles I forgot I drank...

Last night at the brewpub:

Krampus and Mad Elf - both guest brews on tap. Apparition Amber, Shittersful (molasses based), and Hopness Monster also on tap. Those three are local microbrews.

This morning - coffee and ibuprofen.

Over the last few days:

Bourbon Barrel Quad
KBS
GI Bourbon County Stout
Surly Furious

The day after X-Mas...

Captain Lawrence Double IPA
Saranac Caramel Porter
Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA

Lumberyard Brewing Co.'s Red Ale. Fiance picked up a 6-pack from Flagstaff, AZ on her holiday road trip. Suppose to be award winning, *shrug*.

I drank today Leffe Brown.:love:
003-6.jpg

Over the past few days:

Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig
Stone Ruination IPA
Ten Fidy
Black Chocolate Stout
Trappists Rochefort 10

Today I cracked the first of my latest recipe... a "dirty" blonde ale. It's my attempt at converting light lager drinking relatives into ""good" beer drinkers. They've all asked to try my brew before... but there's a big gap between buttwiper and a double ipa or imperial stout.

Great Lakes Barrel Aged Blackout Stout - Great beer but the thing really snuck up on me...feels like much more than the reported 9.5% on the bottle. It almost feels like drinking a GI BCS bomber.

Solid list there. Any thoughts?

Pliny the Elder - not sure it lived up to the hype of being #2 on Beer Advocate's top 100, but it was very good. I didn't have to search long before I was smacked with dominate citrus notes. A very balanced beer.
Blind Pig IPA - Pliny's little brother. To me, while good, it seemed to be lighter version of Pliny the Elder. It was more hoppy over PtE, which I liked about this beer.
Stone Ruination IPA - Speaking of hoppy, this beer is a hop monster. I like hoppy beers, but this one was a bit too much for me.
Ten Fidy - I really like this imperial stout. Very drinkable, without some of the bitters that I have encountered with others. Dare I say that I like this more than Dark Lord?
Black Chocolate Stout - slightly bitter, a good imperial stout, a little hotter than some of the others I've tried.
Trappists Rochefort 10 - quite smooth for a high alcohol beer. It had some noticeable fruit flavors. A good beer I won't have much of because of the price point.

I'm new to craft beers. But, to somewhat quote Gary, I'm enjoying the ride!

Post Christmas:

Pliny The Elder
Blind Pig
Nugget Nectar
Anchor Christmas Ale from a Magnum Bottle (Good ale....Size almost put me under the table)
Rust Belt Brewing Coke Oven Stout
Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad

First beer back in the states was a Stone Arrogant Bastard, which is always excellent. I was also overjoyed to find Cigar City distributes this far north. The Maduro Oatmeal Brown was malty and delicious.

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier

A really good wheat beer. It has sweet note to it that I can't place my finger on. It is very aromatic. Hints of nutmeg, clove and other spices. The best of the genre I have had to date!

Status
Not open for further replies.