• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Three Floyd's Dreadnaught yesterday watching the game. Fantastic!

Had two cans of Two Fiddy and i have to say that the brew tastes a lot better then the name implies.

For the Super Bowl, I started off with a couple of Guinness at home, then had one Guinness and a bunch of Boulevard Irish Ale at the bar, then had a couple bottles of Sam Adams at the last bar. Final tally: at least one too many.

2 pints GF Silva Stout (amazing)
SN Ovila Dubbel (decent)
Moylan's Imperial Stout (decent)
GF Double Stout (always solid)
Anchor Brekle's Brown Ale (pretty good)
friend's DIPA (hop bomb, needed more carb)
Fat Tire (always a good one)

2 pints GF Silva Stout (amazing)
SN Ovila Dubbel (decent)
Moylan's Imperial Stout (decent)
GF Double Stout (always solid)
Anchor Brekle's Brown Ale (pretty good)
friend's DIPA (hop bomb, needed more carb)
Fat Tire (always a good one)

I remember when i used to be able to drink like that, good times. The boss put an end to it. All good things must come to an end i guess. :p

In Mississippi for business/dinner with a customer so I tried a beer by Lazy Magnolia, a Mississippi brewery, called Southern Pecan. It's a nut brown ale made with roasted pecans. It was so good I had 4 or 5 more!

In Mississippi for business/dinner with a customer so I tried a beer by Lazy Magnolia, a Mississippi brewery, called Southern Pecan. It's a nut brown ale made with roasted pecans. It was so good I had 4 or 5 more!
That sounds great. I love Pecans.

That sounds great. I love Pecans.

As do I, especially roasted pecans. I really expected (by the name) for the beer to really have a pronounced pecan flavor, but it didn't. It was a bit nutty (insert Austin Powers joke here), and I guess that's the whole point of a nut brown ale but that was it. I guess their whole purpose in the name is based in the fact that it is supposedly brewed by using roasted pecans as the starch base. Either way, really good beer.

New Glarus Black Top IPA ... this is a must try for those IPA lovers

Sat down with a growler of Brooklyn Maple Porter...not bad, but nothing to write home about.

Hop Wallop, dogfish 120, storm king stout. It's been a long week, starting the weekend early

Drinking a Weyerbacher Harvest Ale. First one, and pretty damn tasty. I let this sit for a while in the frdge, hesitant to drink it because I generally don't like Weyerbacher offerings. I'd buy this again! :love:

A friend's imperial stout. This is seriously one of the most ridiculously dark, boozy, and complex imperial stouts I've ever had. Syrupy, tons of alcohol bite on the tongue, I'm getting a lot of barrel ageing, hazelnuts, and a finish of guava and mild tropical fruits. I certainly hope he gets his own brewing company off the ground because this one would be a sure hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.