• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What coffee did you drink today?

Ran out of Bird Rock and I picked up something from a local roaster to hold me over.5BBA346E-D282-416E-A409-9105590BCC2C.jpeg

Woke up because the power went out.
Made a pot of Iron Bean Coffee's Loki.

Had to use my Aero Press today... why you ask? Two reasons, it only takes a few minutes for a decent cup of coffee, and (the real reason) I ran out of paper filters for my chemex 😢

2EA97981-900E-4E59-9A00-4A1FAB86C777.jpeg

I'm looking into getting a manual coffee grinder, so I don't wake anyone up in the mornings.

Anyone have/use a manual coffee grinder and can recommend one?

I'm looking into getting a manual coffee grinder, so I don't wake anyone up in the mornings.

Anyone have/use a manual coffee grinder and can recommend one?
What about one of those mortar and pestle things? Do you have one and could you use it in the interim?

What about one of those mortar and pestle things? Do you have one and could you use it in the interim?

I have a grinder that I use, but have wanted a manual one as well. It's pretty loud, so when the kids are home and I'm grinding coffee at 7am, I'd rather not wake them.

The mortar/pestle would work, but it wouldn't be a consistent grind and you couldn't control how fine or coarse, the grind would be.

I have a grinder that I use, but have wanted a manual one as well. It's pretty loud, so when the kids are home and I'm grinding coffee at 7am, I'd rather not wake them.

The mortar/pestle would work, but it wouldn't be a consistent grind and you couldn't control how fine or coarse, the grind would be.
Maybe you need a stone bowl and masher like they use for guacamole. Anything less would be uncivilized.
1613683274297.png

Can I play?

My regular coffee for several years has been Black Rifle AK, in an insulated French press. You can order it ground or as beans from them, I joined their "club" and get both shipped.

That said, lately I have been drinking Turkish coffee. I make it the old fashioned way in a cezve, served in the small cups that are traditional in Arab cultures. It's one of those things where the process is part of the enjoyment (like playing vinyl records on an actual turntable).

20210215_201333 (2).jpg