• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What you got cooking tonight?

I cooked a hen on the rotisserie grill last night. Placed about six sprigs of Thyme and a few Bay Leaves inside the cavity after just using salt and pepper rubbed on the outside. I'd use a turkey baster full of some red wine I made two years ago (My Great Grandfather's recipe.....We call it Dago Red) and squirt it in the cavity every 20 or so minutes.

Paired it with some Baby Red mashed potatoes (skin on), and fresh steamed Green Beans.

Wife loved it!

Damn, look at all the cooks we got in the house. I passed on cooking tonight. Just went out for some Mexican food. Hard to find good Mexi when you leave the Southwest!

Pan sauteed a prepackaged Fillet Mignon. I really like these and at $3.33 for 6 ounces it's hard to beat. Sides were sauteed fresh asparagus, spinach, and onions.

Grilled some eye of round steaks tonight and roasted some potatoes with garlic, rosemary, and olive oil.

MMmmmmmm. Meat. Good.

Very simple tonight coming off our Master Cleanse, but a simple fresh Guacamole tonight. Gosh it amazes me how simple and fresh this is. And no end to what you can do with it. I put mine on a salad tonight, the wife had hers with rye wafers.

Good and good for you.
I love guac!
PJ

Tonight I made a Potato Soup w/kielbasa and cabbage. ON MY BRAND NEW STOVE!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Delmonico's, teriyaki veggies, and garlic mashed!

Cannoli's from New Haven.

RAB
Sublime

throwing a chipotle rubbed TriTip steak on the grill (45 minutes @400!), twice baked VERY garlic mashed taters, roasted Asparagus with mushrooms and home made rhubarb crisp with ice cream for dessert. All paired with a 2006 Renwood Zinfindal.

And probably a PAM with a shot of Port later.

Home made gluten free pizza. (If any of you have a gluten allergy or know somebody suffering from celiac's disease, please PM me.)

Last night we had pan fried filet of sole and a salad. Once the filet was egged and floured I set it in a bowl of almond slivers. Salad was baby greens with olive oil and rice wine vinegar. Of course this was done under close supervision of the head chef. She likes to sit at the island counter with a glass of wine and give direction. An inexpensive chard went with.

Followed with a Corona lite and VSG Tres Mystique in the Hot Tub. It was nice night with the temps around 38. The sky was crystal clear and the stars were out.

Big 20Qt. pot of chili.

Lots of stew beef and ground beef. Onions, green peppers, jalapeno's, celery, dark/light kidney beans, stewed tomatoes, black beans, a little rice, and a bunch of seasonings in addition to a full bottle of chipotle sauce.

I love to put Irish Butter on a Saltine, pile the chili on top and pop it in my mouth. We'll eat this stuff all weekend while staying warm and watching football.

Few bottles of Irish Red I brewed last month, but no cigar.

Tilapia Fish tacos being served tonight! One of my favorites! Tilapia marinating in a mango cilantro concoction and getting the coals in the chimney going right now. :thumbs:

Tilapia Fish tacos being served tonight! One of my favorites! Tilapia marinating in a mango cilantro concoction and getting the coals in the chimney going right now. :thumbs:

Fish tacos here tonight as well with wild caught cod, handmade fresh guacamole, and frijolles de-gringo. Beans came out too spicy for the wife though.

Damn I love guac!

PJ

Damn, look at all the cooks we got in the house. I passed on cooking tonight. Just went out for some Mexican food. Hard to find good Mexi when you leave the Southwest!

Ree,

Let me know if you ever want me to send you some fresh roasted green chiles from NM. They usually start harvesting green chile at the end of July. So give me shout. Have you ever had NM fresh roasted green chile?

Ree,

Let me know if you ever want me to send you some fresh roasted green chiles from NM. They usually start harvesting green chile at the end of July. So give me shout. Have you ever had NM fresh roasted green chile?

Holy Shit! Yes, I want green chile!!!!! I used to travel with my softball team to Las Cruses, NM every year and we bought cases of green chile salsa XXXhot. We don't travel any more for the tournament. And, unfortunately, I am out of the salsa. :(

Ree,

Holy Shit! Yes, I want green chile!!!!! I used to travel with my softball team to Las Cruses, NM every year and we bought cases of green chile salsa XXXhot. We don't travel any more for the tournament. And, unfortunately, I am out of the salsa. :(

Well when the time rolls around I'll be sure to get you some. They sell it by the bushel. A bushel goes for about 25 dollars roasted. I'd get roasted, bag it, freeze it. Once frozen I would have it overnighted. Let me know how much you want. I'll do some more research on shipping methods. My dad lives in Las Vegas, NV and he usually makes a trip down to get several bushels for friends every year. I just get it a week before, bag it and then freeze it. He just packs it in ice chests. Let me know. I usually go through two bushels a year. But we cook with it all the time. Anytime you need anything else from this area let me know. I live in Carlsbad, and my mom lives it Las Cruces. So I think we can take care of you. :thumbs:

Drew

What salsa are you out of?

The salsa was a XXX hot green chili salsa. thats all I know. I'll contact my softball peeps to find out what I can!

As far as shipping methods on the bushels. PM swissy. He is king of sending out fresh salmon anywhere in the US. Bushels should be nothing...

I will gladly bomb you with plenty of smokes in exchange for green chili!!!!!!!

Sounds good. In the meantime I'll do some checking on that salsa. PM me your addy. I'll check with Swissy on the shipping the green chile. I'm not sure if dry ice is still available. We have until July to come up with a plan. So no worries.

Drew