• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Blank cigar bands

The more I think ...the less I think they are going to be what I am looking for. I'll know tomorrow. 😗

I was just wondering too if you can write on them easily with a ballpoint. I know some are pretty waxy. And the stink from a Sharpie prohibits me from using one with a stick.

Guess I'll know tomorrow too! 😗

I was just wondering too if you can write on them easily with a ballpoint. I know some are pretty waxy. And the stink from a Sharpie prohibits me from using one with a stick.

Guess I'll know tomorrow too! 😗
My concern is they will be to big around and rigid, also if the gum is chemical smelling. I'm sure it's food grade though. I'm already in so I'm not gonna go back through the specs. LOL....I lose 9 bucks a minute some days, so... all I will really be is disappointed if it's a bust.

My concern is they will be to big around and rigid, also if the gum is chemical smelling. I'm sure it's food grade though. I'm already in so I'm not gonna go back through the specs. LOL....I lose 9 bucks a minute some days, so... all I will really be is disappointed if it's a bust.
Yep, I'll see tomorrow also.

I'd think counting and separating them would be the biggest part right? Do they come in any sort of grouping or just 25000 in one huge box? I'd be willing to help with the shipping and such but I am not going to count 25000 bands.
You could weigh them and be very close, I'm thinking.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means?

In the description "On either end of the band, self-sealing glue is present, providing a tight seal all the way around the napkin roll, making additional adhesion unnecessary."
Aaron was correct, I was thinking that some only had one side of adhesive and others had it on both ends but other side.
I’ve been thinking about it since revisiting this thread. Money isn’t an issue, but my time and running a buy and shipping to everyone is.
Mr. Fields, if you are interested I have enough free time to send them out. You could send them here and I will distribute them to our CP brothers.
I would also be in for a purchase of the share.

Unless anyone disagrees with this method I'd be happy to help.

Time will tell but I think they will work pretty well, they seem to stick to themselves very well, and they give you a fair amount of space to write whatever details you may want.

And I think it will be easy to write on them with a ballpoint pen.

ETA to add picture. You can see the shiny side on the right, that is the glue. It is the same on the underside left. My only concern is whether or not that sticky stuff will ever be touching the cigar?
20220422_064347.jpg

Last edited:
Upon further review, I see two problems.

1. On a very small ring gauge cigar the glue portions do not match up and it won't stick.
2. On a very large ring gauge cigar, some glue on the inside will touch the cigar.

1. On a very small ring gauge cigar the glue portions do not match up and it won't stick.
2. On a very large ring gauge cigar, some glue on the inside will touch the cigar.
Good thing I'm average size.

I figured as much. Well... picnic time. 😁

I’ve just cut sticky notes into strips. Make them a cigar band width, write on them and use a small piece of tape, on the outside to attach it to itself. Just make them loose enough that they’ll slide off. Have always worked, since I ran out of blank bands years ago.