• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Happy Thread

@jfields , Alaska is wonderful, we spent 15 days in the interior. However, those long nights and long days does cause mind tricks. We we in Banff and the boss got uppie cause I was watching as show on the tube. I looked up and saw daylight until she yelled it's 2230. Get you ass to bed. Wanna guess who didn't say a word?

First heavy rain that rolled in resulted in dirt and mulch splashed all over the newly remodeled deck. The dogs also keep walking through the mulch and tracking it all over the deck and carpet. So, building a retaining wall around the backside. We needed something anyways. The one back corner of the deck was already below grade due to the lay of the land. Going to cover/replace the mulch with the same river rock that we have around the Koi pond, and that should stop the dirt from the rain and the dogs if they insist on going back there. Donella hung the LED Edison style string lights inside the pergola and they look really nice at night. Coming along nicely!
I’m sitting outside tonight smoking an old Cuban cigar and listening to the Virginia Peeper frogs, along with a Bullfrog that has taken up residence in the Koi Pond. It’s really relaxing coupled with the sound of the waterfall. I could easily fall asleep out here....

D77D5409-4600-430F-A160-08DB3BDF1DA3.jpegAE3281D7-0B19-4408-A06E-28393FF64768.jpegE1BBE193-D547-4BB8-9BE7-7E7E9C9E2595.jpegBECEA7FD-A3D8-4668-A291-C862A60AA770.jpeg9F01CEE3-E446-4AC0-A727-4BEB893B2E98.jpeg

First heavy rain that rolled in resulted in dirt and mulch splashed all over the newly remodeled deck. The dogs also keep walking through the mulch and tracking it all over the deck and carpet. So, building a retaining wall around the backside. We needed something anyways. The one back corner of the deck was already below grade due to the lay of the land. Going to cover/replace the mulch with the same river rock that we have around the Koi pond, and that should stop the dirt from the rain and the dogs if they insist on going back there. Donella hung the LED Edison style string lights inside the pergola and they look really nice at night. Coming along nicely!
I’m sitting outside tonight smoking an old Cuban cigar and listening to the Virginia Peeper frogs, along with a Bullfrog that has taken up residence in the Koi Pond. It’s really relaxing coupled with the sound of the waterfall. I could easily fall asleep out here....

View attachment 31944View attachment 31945View attachment 31946View attachment 31947View attachment 31948
The wall and the lights look great.

Had a simple "happy last night watching " Call of the Wild " last night featuring Harrison Ford and " Buck " the dog. It is a wonderful movie for the whole family, ample laughs, and a bit of sadness. Scenery is breathtaking, heart stoping moments, time to cheer, time to marvel, time ro appreciate the simple things and a time to root for the underdog. If you have kids, I hope they will watch it with you. Yeah, it's that good.

Had a simple "happy last night watching " Call of the Wild " last night featuring Harrison Ford and " Buck " the dog. It is a wonderful movie for the whole family, ample laughs, and a bit of sadness. Scenery is breathtaking, heart stoping moments, time to cheer, time to marvel, time ro appreciate the simple things and a time to root for the underdog. If you have kids, I hope they will watch it with you. Yeah, it's that good.

Will have to check it out then with the family. I remember reading the book way back in school. Thanks for the recommendation.

We just got a screened in porch and new deck so the wife and I have been spending the nights after getting the kids to sleep out there. Chatting, doing free online trivia thru Facebook live and just relaxing with a cold drink and a good cigar.

My youngest daughter is amazing (despite being a skier)! Took her to watch the fireworks and she tells me, "there's so much America going on here!" She's begging it not to end every time it starts looking like the grand finale, and when it finally does end, rolls her window down and yells, "America!" 😂😂😂

My youngest daughter is amazing (despite being a skier)! Took her to watch the fireworks and she tells me, "there's so much America going on here!" She's begging it not to end every time it starts looking like the grand finale, and when it finally does end, rolls her window down and yells, "America!" 😂😂😂
Sounds like a proud daddy... I like it

Ya done good, Justin! Ya done good.

Step #16 is in! Layout of the last 4 is done. I’m happy that the end is in sight because digging and drilling and wrestling railroad timbers in 90 degree heat is a bitch, let me tell you!View attachment 32075View attachment 32076
I know right! Finishing my retaining wall and shoveling a truckload of river rock did me in yesterday. You feel that humidity today Jon?!!?