• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

Ginseng just started a new trend...now everyone will try to ash-stand their cigar!!!

-Fetter

Maybe it's me, but there's something that is not adding up in the cigars posted above (not talking about the schlesinger pics specifically). Let's play the good ole Sesame Street game, "one thing doesn't belong" In all the pictures posted there's one that has a different burn that may give the cigar in question an advantage, can anyone guess which? ;) Maybe it's my eyes :) Maybe it's for a tongue in cheek fun. But hey what do I know, I am a newb.

Ditto. Something smells funny. ;) ;)

slevy007

Here is my newbie try - before stand and after.

Photo_042306_002.jpg

Photo_042306_003.jpg

Ron

Nice one, RGD! Was that the Dark Sumatra? If so, yummy. :D

Wilkey

Yep - that's what it was. The wife caught me doing that - she pretty much thinks I'm certified now :rolleyes: - have to try and act normal somewhat before she calls the looney bin.

Ron

Oh please....come right out and call me a cheat why don't ya :angry2: :p

I'll post another for you few non-believers and you can add a smoke each to the winnings.

Deal? :)

Deal, mi hermano. :) At least on the first part.;) In fact take pictures as it progresses smoking an identical cigar and show us that a cigar burns looking like that. I have never seen anything like that before.

I have only been smoking cigars for about ten or eleven years so I don't know much but I have never seen ash like that....with brown spots.

It is okay for some of the guys to notice that. It is okay to point it out. It is okay for you to not like it if you smoked this legit. But you have to admit it is odd to have an ash like this pop up in a thread like this. My opinion on this doesn't matter in the least. Not my contest. But nor do I think anyone should have to add to any winnings for noticing something unusual.

Maybe it's me, but there's something that is not adding up in the cigars posted above (not talking about the schlesinger pics specifically). Let's play the good ole Sesame Street game, "one thing doesn't belong" In all the pictures posted there's one that has a different burn that may give the cigar in question an advantage, can anyone guess which? ;) Maybe it's my eyes :) Maybe it's for a tongue in cheek fun. But hey what do I know, I am a newb.

Me thinky, thinky.. somethin be stinky... ;)

Steve

Deal, mi hermano. :) At least on the first part.;) In fact take pictures as it progresses smoking an identical cigar and show us that a cigar burns looking like that. I have never seen anything like that before.

I have only been smoking cigars for about ten or eleven years so I don't know much but I have never seen ash like that....with brown spots.

It is okay for some of the guys to notice that. It is okay to point it out. It is okay for you to not like it if you smoked this legit. But you have to admit it is odd to have an ash like this pop up in a thread like this. My opinion on this doesn't matter in the least. Not my contest. But nor do I think anyone should have to add to any winnings for noticing something unusual.

Ahh I'm not sweatin it at all. And I don't have any more LVH's left so it will have to be another smokie.

I did in fact fire up a LFD Factory Press today and took many a photos, but it was too heavy to stand and it came crumbling down :0

In any case, I will in fact post a bunch of "during" shots of my next entry, as well as a bowl of crow to show the non-believers their next meal :D

And I was totally kidding about adding sticks to the winning pot. Guess I should have added the appropriate smiley ;)

Me thinky, thinky.. somethin be stinky... ;)

Steve

Alrighty, it may have looked a bit funny but it was still an honest entry. No funky tricks or photoshop miracles.

So...without trying to put a negative cloud over this friendly competition, let me just say this in all seriousness once and then I hope we can just get back to friendly fun. Not singling anyone out, but a few "joking" comments were made saying my ash looked a little funky. No biggie. I posted a friendly response with absolutely no offense taken. No biggie.

Steve, you made a second comment which now makes me wonder if you are in fact calling me a liar. If that's the case, please don't insult me by making it seem friendly. I DO NOT have a reputation on here for being anything other than stand up, and if you think I'm gonna tank that for a few sticks, then I really don't have anything I can tell you except think it over before you start making accusasions.

Wilk, sorry if this appears to be heading to some dumb drama filled thread, but I just want to head this off before it turns into something rediculous. I will continue to enter ash stands into your competition, which I will point out that originally was never even about winning sticks.

I will however decline to accept any smokes. When I win that is :laugh:

Here's the next set of contenders!

AshContenders03.jpg

13 RGD
14 hojadepuro
15 hudsonvalley
16 LouieD
17 browndevil
18 rob300c

BD,
No worries bud. Steve is a straight-shooter and a good guy that I've smoked with. I don't think he'd take that tack. I don't know you but you strike me as aok as well. I have not seen an ash like that before but I certainly have not seen it all. The LVH is a mixed filler stick so a funky looking ash is not out of the question.

And it's true that I did not offer up a prize initially but that's ok. I did so only because I really appreciated the fun that folks were having with this. Let's just get back to the smoking and the ash-standing. I'm still gonna send out some smokes. Steve is definitely getting something for smoking the band like that. I tried to do that with a Bolivar last night and I about lost my cookies and I only singed the lower edge. Yikes!

And besides, if I did not disqualify myself by offering sticks, I'd have to make you guys cry uncle with my secret mammoth stick. :D ...and I still might.

Wilkey

Nevertheless, BD, one of these things is not like the other:
AshContenders01.jpg

AshContenders02.jpg

whatthefrig.jpg

I just have never seen an ash burn with disstinctively brown spots left in it. Is that common to you? Or anyone? We burned thirty or so on Saturday and they all burned with concentric circles of ash just like all the other photos pictured above. Allow me to scratch my bald head...

Gotcha. No worries here as I said.

And Hudson, naw it does look funky to me as well, but in any event, it was a 100% honest attempt. Nothing else to say about it on my end except you have my word as a gentleman :)

Now, enough with the suspense, let's see this amazing stick of your Wilkey :sign: Put up or shut up :p

Alrighty, here is your well documented and photographed ash stand :sign:

Since I ran out of brew, here is tonight's beverage:
18sy1.jpg

And my fly green iPod mini provide inspiring music including Gonny Fly Now from the Rocky soundtrack and Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins from Top Gun :rolleyes:
22hx.jpg

Here are the tools for the job :D
31nc.jpg

And now the 1st pic after lighting her up...
49pv1.jpg

Numero dos :cool:
56fz.jpg

AND
NOW
NUMBER
THREE
65wr.jpg

73ys.jpg

Here are some different angles for you...

Front
front1zs.jpg

Right
right2px.jpg

Left
left1ge.jpg

Next pic on next post since I've now exceeded allowed number of photos for this post....

Getting scared now :0
103tq.jpg

Here you go...just as ordered I delivered :sign:
124gc.jpg

Hey guess what...there's something funny looking in the middle of the ash here...what could it be? :rolleyes:
138so.jpg

As also promied, here's that bowl of crow(popcorn) for you :D
Eat up now :p
crow1zo.jpg

Just for added pictures...here's the Hoyo Dark Sumatra I was working on that died during the stand attempt:
failed8go.jpg
Hoyo remains
12424428ij.jpg

That's a wrap folks.
Robert :thumbs:

Good job Robert.

Well illustrated and entertaining.
At this time you have my vote, if I were able to vote.

Brian

Edit to add: this is no easy feat. Yesterday I had a AF BTL almost to
the nub and lost the ash on the invert.

Alrighty...the Padron was just shot down.

Behold mere mortals :cool:
12324015yj.jpg

I didn't quite make it to the band as you can see...
12324021lz.jpg

But who cares....you all get the point :D

I'm just chocked that people still buy Mickey's big mouths...I haven't seen those since the high school bonfires. :sign:

-Fetter :D

I'm shocked by two things in this thread:
1) That anyone could really smoke a La Vieja that far down...
2) That they still make Mickeys big mouths, much less that anyone drinks them. :rolleyes: