• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

Damn this is irritating! :)

I've failed every time! I've gotten some good prospects going but always loose it at the invert. :angry:

There must be some tricks to it..

Damn this is irritating! :)

I've failed every time! I've gotten some good prospects going but always loose it at the invert. :angry:

There must be some tricks to it..

He said!

Allright here is my newb attempt. Thanks goes out to Hojadepuro for hooking me up with the stick! :thumbs:

Ashstand.jpg

and yes that is an old matress in the background :blush:

Nick

Nick,

That's a contender, well done!

Brian

Wow, some very nice entries. Steve, that Inmenso is very impressive! That's an interesting looking... um... "head" left on that thing... :laugh:

Blue Dragon, Kilted and I are getting together this evening for poker and cigars. Maybe we can put together a few weak attempts that can be posted. I don't think I'll be able to come close to the top entries, but it should be fun. :D

Allright here is my newb attempt. Thanks goes out to Hojadepuro for hooking me up with the stick! :thumbs:

Ashstand.jpg

Nick

Aww....that little guy is cute~ ??? :sign: :sign:

Nicely done Nick.

Brandon

Ashstand.jpg

Nick

Aww....that little guy is cute~ ??? :sign: :sign:

Nicely done Nick.

Brandon

It looks like the fun continued even after I hit the road!

Nice stand... :thumbs:

My 2nd attempt. AF CF Cuban Belicoso Sun Grown :love: . I tried to burn the band, but it went underneath it!!!
DSC00850.jpg

DSC00852.jpg

I tried another puff while it was standing up, didn't work...

And yes, I took the band off and nubbed it :p

Razoback and Mr. Wolf,

Nicely done! Very impressive, gentlemen. :thumbs:

Two more contenders.

Wilkey

Tried this with a PAM torpedo, I thought the box press would give me some extra balance, dropped it on the way toward a stand. I will keep trying.

CYG

Tried this with a PAM torpedo, I thought the box press would give me some extra balance, dropped it on the way toward a stand. I will keep trying.

CYG

Tried it twice with PAM torps this week and got good ashes until I tried to flip them upside down. The box pressed shape gave me false hopes :(

By no means a contender but I did finally have time to actually take a picture,
up until yesterday my time has been limited for careful,easy going smoking.

Fuente Short Story
shortstory.jpg

Mudding%20002.jpg

This was my first 6x60 as well as my first try at the ash standing and definitely not my last of either

Trevor

Just for the record - this is an incredibly entertaining thread! Keep 'em coming!

Chad

Nope, it broke and fell off when I was turning it over. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow.

AVB, did you take a standing pic?

Ouch, Prometheus. So close! And it was looking good too.

Wilkey

The Untold Story Maduro attempt.

DSCN1145.jpg

It's long!

DSCN1146.jpg

Will it stand?

DSCN1147.jpg

It does!

DSCN1151.jpg

The aftermath! Ash is longer then the remaining tobacco!

The winner?

-Rob

edited to change Masterpiece to UTS

The Anejo 46 attempt.

DSCN1152.jpg

Smokin!

DSCN1153.jpg

The stand!

DSCN1154.jpg

The close-up!

DSCN1158.jpg

The end!

-Rob

edited to add: This was back to back with the UTS!

This is for slevy007.
He was inspired by my stands and went for it with a Greycliff G2 that I provided.

DSCN1159.jpg

Steve smokin!

DSCN1161.jpg

In the ashtray!

DSCN1172.jpg

For photo purposes I picked the bad boy up and moved it to the edge of the ashtray!

-Rob

Wow...Extra points for picking up the Greycliff and then standing it again.