• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

I'm shocked by two things in this thread:
1) That anyone could really smoke a La Vieja that far down...
2) That they still make Mickeys big mouths, much less that anyone drinks them. :rolleyes:

I'm shocked that anyone would listen to the soundtracks from "Rocky" and "Top Gun". :laugh:

Say it ain't so, Roberto! Where's that Santana, bro? :D

I'm shocked by two things in this thread:
1) That anyone could really smoke a La Vieja that far down...
2) That they still make Mickeys big mouths, much less that anyone drinks them. :rolleyes:

I'm shocked that anyone would listen to the soundtracks from "Rocky" and "Top Gun". :laugh:

Say it ain't so, Roberto! Where's that Santana, bro? :D

Mickey's...what can I say, once in a blue moon I get the craving for malt liquor, and I'm not about to drink Old English.

As far as the soundtrack...come on now Steve, those were for only put on for the build up :laugh: Of course I got Santana on there. Have you heard his latest album, my favorite track is Twisted with Anthony Hamilton. :thumbs:

Gave it a shot but it didn't work out as well as I wanted. The wrapper cracked and only got to 2.75".

Gurkha-start.jpg
Gurkha-end.jpg

Arg :angry2: I tried another attempt today with a RyJ.. I had the ash to the right length that i wanted, and just as i took my last draw it fell off. :(

oh well, guess ill have to try another.

Here is my feeble attempt.

Started out good:

Got a little further with it:

Then a gust of wind came up and killed her:

I had to make the images thumbnail size. If you click on them, they look much better. I'm new to imageshack :rolleyes:

If I had five and a half hours I would try to stand a Chief, but I guess I will have to figure out something else. :D

AVB, did you take a standing pic?

Ouch, Prometheus. So close! And it was looking good too.

Wilkey

Well, I decided to try to get a better ash stand on the Inmenso. The first one was pretty good.. especially the burnt band. But I knew a better one come be done. I was determined :rolleyes: . So I started tonight, and got a damn good ash brewing. I decided to de-band, in order to be able to get a better looking stand... after all, the band burn credit was accomplished in my first go. All was good to go, with a hell of a stand coming up. Then my fingers started to burn a bit. So I decided to try and use a toothpick (something many of you must of seen from the Schlesinger's Mini-herf thread, and several of you in person :laugh: ). Then it flipped around on me!! :0 :angry: :angry: Let me tell you, the ash which landed on my carpet may just of well had needed a shovel... I meand DAMN. But without a shovel at hand, and reasonable belief that this would be pretty hard to clean.. I just rubbed it into the carpet (it's old, and the cleaning lady will vacuum it up this week anyway :laugh: ).
Being distraught over my accidental failure, yet still determined,, I decided to go again. This time I put the burning pain of my finger tips out of my mind, and pushed on.

So gentlemen, BEHOLD!!!

Ash2.jpg

I actually didn't try for a little more, because I could feel the wrapper slipping away from the the binder/filler.. as you can probably see from the pic. Also, you can see the Inmenso band from my fallen friend, as well as the stand-er next to it. I must once again say that these both tasted QUITE AWFUL after the halfway point... yet better without having to smoke the band( YUK!)
I also must say that I am still rather impressed with the construction of these things. :0

slevy007

~Steve

P.S. While I was going through my digi-camera for the ash pic, I remember the pic of me meeting Shaq. HUGE dude, BTW! :laugh: And I'm not holding his hand! :laugh:

Shaq.jpg

Edited b/c I forgot the Shaq pic. :p

Pretty awesome stand :0

What size is that stick? I have no experience with these smokes...are they Perdomo seconds?

Holy cow! Steve, how much of the Inmenso was that? You didn't stand the whole thing did you?

BTW, why are you stroking Shaq's fingers? :p

Wilkey

Guys,

I'm calling my part of the competition over this coming Saturday night. While I hope this thread will live on, I will make my picks on Saturday night 4/29 and then send out prize packs.

You guys are just awesome!

BTW, I tried to ash-stand a super-robusto (5-3/8 x 54rg) this afternoon and it fell off as I went for the invert. It woulda been a beauty. :D

Wilkey

I'm pretty sure they are 5x70. I've got one somewhere in the humi.

What size is that stick? I have no experience with these smokes...are they Perdomo seconds?

No, they are Inmensos. Perdomo makes them, but they are seemingly hard to find except online (i.e. C-bid, like I did). If you think about it, few real smokers would actually pick this up at a B&M. I just had to try them, and C-Bid had a pretty good deal on a 10-er... so I said WTF.

slevy007

Oh no. That was just a cigar I smoked for a taste test I was asked to do. The "whopper" comes out this weekend, hopefully. ;)

Wilkey

Holy cow! Steve, how much of the Inmenso was that? You didn't stand the whole thing did you?

BTW, why are you stroking Shaq's fingers? :p

Wilkey

That was the whole thing, Wilkey. They are 5 -6? x 70. I believe they have longer ones, but I'm not sure.

- when I met Shaq, he was either REALLY tired, or drunk out of his mind. Now, he was only gone for like 3-4 hours from when he left the hotel and arrived back. Now, I don't know... but I would think it would take a lot longer than 4 hours to get him that drunk... so I vote tired.

slevy007

~Steve

Holy friggin whatsitz, Steve :0

Yeah, I was thinking that I needed to come close or surpass the "Champion Stand". :p

slevy007

~steve

Oh no. That was just a cigar I smoked for a taste test I was asked to do. The "whopper" comes out this weekend, hopefully. ;)

Wilkey

So I guess that wait for "whopper" continues. ??? :p

slevy007

~steve

Nice one Steve!

Did you have any soda on hand? ;)

Nope.... jelly beans. :laugh: The first one (the failure) messed me up, but the second one wasn't too bad.

Thanks for the kudos buddy.... and thanks for the sodas last weekend! :laugh:

slevy007

~steve