• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

Well I decided to give this another go with a Torano exodus torpedo, but the ash kinda smashed as I sat it down. Nevertheless, here it is. Nick also gave it a try, but this attempt did not work out as well as the previous as shown by the ash on his shirt! :sign:

toranoash2.jpg

SOrry the pic sucks, but it is with my phone.

nickash.jpg

Brandon

Nice job Rob. You guys had an impressive night!

This is for slevy007.
He was inspired by my stands and went for it with a Greycliff G2 that I provided.

DSCN1159.jpg

Steve smokin!

DSCN1161.jpg

In the ashtray!

DSCN1172.jpg

For photo purposes I picked the bad boy up and moved it to the edge of the ashtray!

-Rob

Very nice Steve, I think you may have a winner there........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

STFB - I'm pulling out the big guns today. Pics to follow.

slevy007!!! Steve, you da man! Three top notch entries... Even if you don't win "best stand" (there are some great ones,here) you get my vote for "most consistent"! Very impressive! :thumbs:

Steve,

You're punishing the competition! Ruthless, my brutha, ruthless! :thumbs:

I'll be back later today to compile the last set of contenders.

Wilkey

This is for slevy007.
He was inspired by my stands and went for it with a Greycliff G2 that I provided.

DSCN1159.jpg

Steve smokin!

DSCN1161.jpg

In the ashtray!

DSCN1172.jpg

For photo purposes I picked the bad boy up and moved it to the edge of the ashtray!

-Rob

Very nice Steve, I think you may have a winner there........ :D :thumbs: :cool:

Thanks Charlie. We'll see. I thought the second Inmenso was pretty good, though.

slevy007

~steve

slevy007!!! Steve, you da man! Three top notch entries... Even if you don't win "best stand" (there are some great ones,here) you get my vote for "most consistent"! Very impressive! :thumbs:

Steve,

You're punishing the competition! Ruthless, my brutha, ruthless! :thumbs:

I'll be back later today to compile the last set of contenders.

Wilkey

Thanks a lot boys! I surely appreciate it! :D
I must say that the Graycliff attempt actually began while I was 1/4 of the way in. I initally just wanted to enjoy the smoke, as I had never enjoyed a Graycliff before. But before long, I noticed the ash was straight like an arrow.... it would have been a sin not to try and deliver a good ash stand! :rolleyes: :laugh: Had to give it try.

slevy007

~steve

Here are all four sets of contenders so far. Let the cigar world gaze in wonder at a truly unique display of cigariffic skill. :thumbs: Ash-standers, I salute you!

AshContenders01.jpg

AshContenders02.jpg

AshContenders03.jpg

AshContenders04.jpg

1 slevy007
2 Mr. Wolf
3 Cigar Hound
4 Rohner
5 rob300c
6 kevpriest
7 brewmeister
8 brickhouse
9 rob300c
10 browndevil
11 caferacer
12 rob300c
13 RGD
14 hojadepuro
15 hudsonvalley
16 LouieD
17 browndevil
18 rob300c
19 slevy007
20 slevy007
21 studio316
22 Mr. Wolf
23 razorback
24 hojadepuro
25 rob300c

Wilkey

Such a nice day I left early and went into my den of iniquity, otherwise known as my workroom, to give this one last shot.

They call it The Beast for a reason

Start
1-start.JPG

One Inch
2-0ne%20inch.JPG

Two Inches
3-2%20inches.JPG

Two and a half inches
4-2.5%20inches.JPG

Three Inches
5-3%20inches.JPG

Three and a half inches
6-3.5%20inches.JPG

The Stand and The End
7-4%20inches.JPG
8-the%20end.JPG

I never noticed this but the stick actually shrank an inch and a quarter during this, going from 6 1/2 to 5 1/4 inches. So while the ash is a tad more than 4 inches it took 5 1/4 inches of smoking to get it there.

Who's next?

AVB,

Was that ash complete from lightup to when you stood it? It's sort of hard to tell since the bottom of the photo is cropped out. In any case, MAGNIFICENT! :thumbs: A Late entry but damn, well worth the wait.

Wilkey

Complete from first light to fall over. From the time I took the standup pic to when it fell was about 10 seconds so I didn't have time to take another pic.

AVB,

Was that ash complete from lightup to when you stood it? It's sort of hard to tell since the bottom of the photo is cropped out. In any case, MAGNIFICENT! :thumbs: A Late entry but damn, well worth the wait.

Wilkey