• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Flaming Piggies Pass 2010

Good, thank you Dave. Does anybody else have a problem with the lack of shaggy feet on the Tat? If and someone takes it, I can send a replacement...you snobs.

I will update the first page here soon. You the man Dave!

Thanks Jon, since you entrusted us with your precious smokes the least I can do is make sure they arrive in smokeable condition!

Jim, PM sent for your addy!

Dave

And PM incoming with addy!

Wow, is it heading north already? :laugh:

From the islands to the frozen wasteland. Those poor sticks are in for a major shock.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

That thought had crossed my mind so I gave it a shitload of bubble wrap to take up the airspace in the locknlock containers. What's the weather like up there Jim?

<forgot the DC #>

it's awesome! We're having a heatwave early already... I think it hit 50 a day ago:laugh: But then it started snowing last night again, so....

Crud... I guess I better start going thru my chit, huh? I have no idea what's buried at the bottom of my humi's ???

Ok, no pass as of yet (still hope for today...)
I have to head down to my boat tomorrow and make sure the repairs are completed then tow it back to my place on Monday. I'm sure it'll be here by then, and the Wifely Unit© will be home to put it in the coolidor. I'll look over the list online while I'm in Homer drinking their awesomeness that is Red Knot Scottish ale and see what I want to pirate... I mean put for.

:laugh:

I'll look over the list online while I'm in Homer drinking their awesomeness that is Red Knot Scottish ale and see what I want to pirate... I mean put for.

:laugh:

Pirate away Jimbo, I sure do know you deserve it!

Ok, pass arrived safe and sound - found it this morning when I got off shift. unfortunately I got hammered at work and never got a chance to even THINK about puts/takes. Had an interesting call tho... suicide by (dry chem) fire extinguisher! :0

I'll see about looking over what is there while I'm in Homer fishing, but most likely it'll be Monday after I get back with the boat since I'll need to physically go mining in my humi's to see what the hell I still have worthy.

On a side note... who wants what? Since a number of you have already gotten the pass, you won't have as much chance to get an Anchorage Fire goodie. If someone wants a patch or t-shirt, lemme know which and size on the shirt and I'll either send them to Jon to pass around with other things he may be getting or I'll just send direct.

Somebody sucked on a dry chem? I got a face full of that on a trash can fire when the wind changed and it tastes like sour, chemical (it does say it right on the label
laugh.gif
) powder! That guy probably didn't go nicely as he expected to, huh Jim?

Enjoy the fishing, drinking, and cigars.......................and if there's no fish a bitin'................well 2 out of 3 ain't bad!
sign.gif

If ya got an XL around, I'll be proud to wear it around here!

Sweet lord Jesus, first post is updated finally! Take your time Jimbo... ;) Also, XL please! :laugh:

Also, Andros, are you still following this thing? Start thinking about your P/Ts now...

Good night

agreement, soon makes a list for its evaluation and acceptance.

Greetings

Buenas noches

de acuerdo, en breve hare una lista para su valoracion y aceptacion.

Un saludo

Antonio

by google traslator

Mis P/Ts

T:
· 9-P: Opus X Petite Lancero 2005
· 14-P: My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto
· 16-P: OR Drew Estates Liga Privada No. 9 Toro
· 17-P: Illusione CG4 2007
· 21-P: Tatuaje Black Robusto (From Pete Johnson, OMGZ! )
· 22-P: Tatuaje Black Tubo
· 26-P: Opus X Perfecxion X 2005
· 30-P: Padron 1926 40th Maduro
· 51-P: Opus X Scorpio 2005 (Breedy)
· 56-P: Fuente Fuente Opus X Power Ranger (Jeff1101)
· 70-P: 2005 Opus X Shark (CFCF Fun Box) (Napa Smokes)
· 74-P: Opus X Lost City Lancero (4cbln3)

P:
1 Richard Palma de Oro PetitCetro Maduro
Richard%20Petit-Cetros%20Oscuro%202.jpg

2 Vargas Robustito Reserva
Vargas%20Robustito%202.jpg

3 Vargas Senador Reserva
Vargas%20Senador%202.jpg

4 La Rica Hoja Robusto Natural
La%20Primorosa%20-%20La%20Rica%20Hoja%20Robusto%20Claro.jpg

5 Habaneras Robusto Special Selection
Carlos%20Vargas%20Habaneras%20Robusto.jpg

6 Julio Robusto Dream Java
Julio%20Robusto%20Java%202.jpg

All handmade cigar bands in La Palma, Canary Islands (Spain)

Greetings

Continue...

P:

7 Vargas Senador Serie Oro
Vargas%20Senador%20Serie%20Oro%202.jpg

8 Armas Reserva Robusto Natural
Tabacos%20Armas%20Robusto%20Claro.jpg

9 Vargas Torpedo Serie Oro
Vargas%20Torpedo%20Serie%20Oro%202.jpg

10 Armas Reserva Robusto Oscuro
Tabacos%20Armas%20Robusto%20Oscuro.jpg

11 Richard Palma de Oro Robusto Natural
Richard%20Robusto%202.jpg

12 Julio Super Campeon Oscuro
Julio%20Campeon%20Oscuro%202.jpg

Greetings

11 Richard Palma de Oro Robusto Naturalhttp://lh6.ggpht.com/_5LylUTmSkcY/S9OKBMU2TcI/AAAAAAAAAtU/dO4VhKBeUq4/Richard%20Robusto%202.jpg
12 Julio Super Campeon Oscurohttp://lh5.ggpht.com/_5LylUTmSkcY/S9OI4C3BlqI/AAAAAAAAAtE/xopLqy7k21E/Julio%20Campeon%20Oscuro%202.jpg

Greetings

I don't know how to compare his puts and takes other than you might be the luckiest one Jon!
I only found one article on those type of cigars. LINKY

Andros, what did you pay for each cigar you are offering to put in, if I may ask?

Mis P/Ts

T:
· 9-P: Opus X Petite Lancero 2005
· 14-P: My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto
· 16-P: OR Drew Estates Liga Privada No. 9 Toro
· 17-P: Illusione CG4 2007
· 21-P: Tatuaje Black Robusto (From Pete Johnson, OMGZ! )
· 22-P: Tatuaje Black Tubo
· 26-P: Opus X Perfecxion X 2005
· 30-P: Padron 1926 40th Maduro
· 51-P: Opus X Scorpio 2005 (Breedy)
· 56-P: Fuente Fuente Opus X Power Ranger (Jeff1101)
· 70-P: 2005 Opus X Shark (CFCF Fun Box) (Napa Smokes)
· 74-P: Opus X Lost City Lancero (4cbln3)

P:
1 Richard Palma de Oro PetitCetro Maduro
2 Vargas Robustito Reserva
3 Vargas Senador Reserva
4 La Rica Hoja Robusto Natural
5 Habaneras Robusto Special Selection
6 Julio Robusto Dream Java
7 Vargas Senador Serie Oro
8 Armas Reserva Robusto Natural
9 Vargas Torpedo Serie Oro
10 Armas Reserva Robusto Oscuro
11 Richard Palma de Oro Robusto Natural
12 Julio Super Campeon Oscuro

Greeting
Geezus man! 12 takes and 12 puts! F**! Antonio, can you do a side-by-side comparison for each cigar? For example, you are taking the Tatuaje Black Robusto (a VERY rare cigar). What are you putting for it?

Andros, what did you pay for each cigar you are offering to put in, if I may ask?

Ive never heard of any of these cigars, but if you could tell us what the price on each of these cigars are in US Dollars, maybe we can make a better determination of what is acceptable.

So, in conclusion, post what cigar you are taking, then specifically post what you will be putting for it. In addition, put down the price of each of the cigars you are putting, and keep in mind the price of each cigar you are taking. They must match up in rarity and price.

On second thought, after talking with Brent, I gotta say no Antonio.

This is your first pass, and 12 puts and takes are too high man. You've gotta lower it down to something workable like 2 or 3. As far as your cigars, I gather that they are locally rolled, correct? Find their prices, and figure out what you want to do with it. Also, you have to match rarity for rarity, price for price, and preferably age for age. That being said, read up on some old passes (preferably Jonesy's getting your feet wet newbie passes 2 and 3) and do some studying up.

You have had four months to prepare and show you have educated yourself on how passes work, and I went out on a limb to include you in this one to give you a chance to start your reputation here in passes. I won't be allowing all 12 of these, so bring it down to 2 or 3 for now. Also, I won't approve any of these unless you can show how much you paid for them, and justify their inclusion in the pass.

Also, read up on Cigarcyclopedia's Cigar Comparison Shopper. This will help you figure out prices for each cigar.

Here are the prices for each cigar you have decided to take. I found all of this out by checking vitolas.net, jackshwartz.com, and Cigarcyclopedia's Comparison Shopper. You can too:
· 9-P: Opus X Petite Lancero 2005 ($12.50 USD)
· 14-P: My Father Le Bijou 1922 Petit Robusto ($6.60 USD)
· 16-P: OR Drew Estates Liga Privada No. 9 Toro ($10.20 USD)
· 17-P: Illusione CG4 2007 ($6.19 USD)
· 21-P: Tatuaje Black Robusto (Up for discussion)
· 22-P: Tatuaje Black Tubo ($13.49 USD)
· 26-P: Opus X Perfecxion X 2005 ($14.50 USD)
· 30-P: Padron 1926 40th Maduro ($25.80 USD)
· 51-P: Opus X Scorpio 2005 ($34.09 USD)
· 56-P: Fuente Fuente Opus X Power Ranger ($11.75 USD)
· 70-P: 2005 Opus X Shark (CFCF Fun Box) ($34.09)
· 74-P: Opus X Lost City Lancero ($29.90)

I've done alot of work for you, now do some of your own.

11 Richard Palma de Oro Robusto Natural http://lh6.ggpht.com/_5LylUTmSkcY/S9OKBMU2TcI/AAAAAAAAAtU/dO4VhKBeUq4/Richard%20Robusto%202.jpg
12 Julio Super Campeon Oscuro http://lh5.ggpht.com/_5LylUTmSkcY/S9OI4C3BlqI/AAAAAAAAAtE/xopLqy7k21E/Julio%20Campeon%20Oscuro%202.jpg

Good morning,

Jon I understand your concern, no problem, I acknowledge that there were too many sticks, and to be my first pass with three-for is fine.

Tell you if they are hand made cigars on the island where I live, I suppose you read the article by our friend 4cbln3. Have I taken into account the rules of choosing cigars price for price, rarity rarity, etc. Although there have opined followed the thread from the beginning.

From us about your question of which exchange Tatuaje Black Robusto cigar, I would do by Carlos Vargas Habaneras Special Selection Robusto, the favorite cigarette of the Spanish royal family for celebrations, this cigar still has the mix that Sir Winston Churchill suggested to the factory Vargas Churchills famous. Its market price is over 40€.

Following your directions Jon here is my short list:

Buenos dias,

entiendo tu preocupacion Jon, no hay problema, reconozco que eran demasiados palitos, y para ser mi primer pase con 3-4 esta bien.

Decirte que si, son cigarros hechos a mano en la isla donde vivo, imagino has leido el articulo de nuestro amigo 4cbln3. Que si he tenido en cuenta las normas de elegir cigaros precio por precio, rareza por rareza, etc. Aunque no haya opinado he seguido el hilo desde el principio.

Encuanto a tu pregunta de por cual cigarro cambiaria Tatuaje Black Robusto, lo haria por el Carlos Vargas Habaneras Robusto Special Selection, el cigarro favorito de la casa real española para sus celebraciones, este cigarro aun mantiene la mezcla que sugirio sir Winston Churchill a la fabrica Vargas para sus famosos Churchills. Su precio en el mercado esta sobre 40€.

Siguiendo tus indicaciones Jon aqui esta mi lista reducida:

T:

P:

2 Vargas Robustito Reserva (5.05€)
5 Carlos Vargas Habaneras Robusto Special Selection (41.55€)
9 Vargas Torpedo Serie Oro (10.67€)
12 Julio Super Campeon Oscuro (20.15€)

Greetings

Antonio

Price in euros.
by google traslator

T:

P:
2 Vargas Robustito Reserva ($6.75 USD)
5 Carlos Vargas Habaneras Robusto Special Selection ($55.57 USD)
9 Vargas Torpedo Serie Oro ($14.27 USD)
12 Julio Super Campeon Oscuro ($26.95 USD)

Okie dokie, I went through each price point and converted everything to US dollars for the bystanders so they can weigh in. IMO, you did a damn good job on matching up everything. The Vargas Torp is a little light for the Opus X Perfecxion X, but it does not bother me. The Julio on the other hand is kinda heavy for the Paddy 40th, so if you want to find something else closer, go ahead. If not, I'll take it. I just don't want you feeling screwed in the pass because it is technically an overput man.

Now, onto the Tat Black robusto trade. First off, $55 bucks is WAY TOO HIGH for that cigar man, ya oughta smoke the Carlos Vargas SS yourself! If others want to weigh in on what they feel is a good price for the Tat Black robusto, then I'd appreciate it! Other than that, the rest of your puts look good to me.

Thanks for putting in the effort Antonio, you had me worried there!