• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's smoke III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tall Paul said:

Smoked a Tat TAA 2012 last night after grilling for the family on my Weber e-210 gas grill. 

Dave, I've had a TAA 2012 resting in the humidor; what'd you think of it?

I smoked one last night and it was pretty darn fantastic even with my humi running a little high on the RH%.
Thanks to whoever gave it to me.
I know I got it at the Ruben's Smokestack Herf.

-Rob

I believe it was Gary but I could be wrong.
Paul

I believe you may be right!
Thanks Gary!

-Rob

Oliva Master Blends 3...a very solid smoke IMHO

A thightly rolled Illusione MK while mowing the lawn. Tough draw at first but finally opened up a bit in the last third.

During wsop/bday weekend
Mid 90s RASS
97 erdm PC
88 davidoff chateau Margaux
98 part tpc
Don Carlos senior blend
Veg ER special size 2
HU something
The tears of some derelict gamblers

insight said:
During wsop/bday weekendMid 90s RASS97 erdm PC88 davidoff chateau Margaux 98 part tpcDon Carlos senior blendVeg ER special size 2HU somethingThe tears of some derelict gamblers
Nice selection Phil. No special Guantanamera ? Lol

Leccia Black yesterday.  Wasn't real impressed with it, didn't like the fire cured flavors.

Lat.jpeg

2K6TBSS said:
Leccia Black yesterday.  Wasn't real impressed with it, didn't like the fire cured flavors.
I was wondering about those and the new MUWAT fire cured that are coming out. Was it overpowering?

nfulton said:
I was wondering about those and the new MUWAT fire cured that are coming out. Was it overpowering?
If you don't mind my $.02....I smoked a Leccia Black a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I would def characterize the fire cured trend as not only love/hate but also something you need to be in the mood for. I doubt these would be more than a craving stick for most. The fire cured flavor is certainly prevalent the entire stick, almost as if you were smoking a tasty cigar by a campfire fueled with aromatic wood. It should be very interesting to see how the fire curing plays out in the MUWAT KFC, as that will employ a fir cured wrapped, whereas the Leccia the fire cured tobacco as part if the filler.

Don Arturo Gran Aniverxario natural.

Very nice, smooth smoke. Review ti come when I get a couple more

Slick300 said:

If you don't mind my $.02....I smoked a Leccia Black a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I would def characterize the fire cured trend as not only love/hate but also something you need to be in the mood for. I doubt these would be more than a craving stick for most. The fire cured flavor is certainly prevalent the entire stick, almost as if you were smoking a tasty cigar by a campfire fueled with aromatic wood. It should be very interesting to see how the fire curing plays out in the MUWAT KFC, as that will employ a fir cured wrapped, whereas the Leccia the fire cured tobacco as part if the filler.

I had a very similar experience.  The pre-light draw gave me the feeling I was sucking on a wood chip used for smoking meats.  The campfire fueled with aromatic wood is a great way to describe the actual smoking flavor.

I can see where a person would have to be in the mood to smoke one.  I personally didn't like the flavor blend at all, I had a "bitter beer face" while I was smoking it.  I was only able to get through the first inch or so before I had to let it die.

2K6TBSS said:

I had a very similar experience.  The pre-light draw gave me the feeling I was sucking on a wood chip used for smoking meats.  The campfire fueled with aromatic wood is a great way to describe the actual smoking flavor.

I can see where a person would have to be in the mood to smoke one.  I personally didn't like the flavor blend at all, I had a "bitter beer face" while I was smoking it.  I was only able to get through the first inch or so before I had to let it die.

Well, it looks like I'll just have to get my hands of a few and try them.  Thank you for the synopsis.

Status
Not open for further replies.