• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

My father-in-law Miguel passed away tonight. He was an amazing guy. We would smoke cigars together. They’re native Spanish speakers, and he would always tease his wife, so she called him El Picadore. Needless to say, I have a box of Picadores put away in his honor.
Condolences brother.

My father-in-law Miguel passed away tonight. He was an amazing guy. We would smoke cigars together. They’re native Spanish speakers, and he would always tease his wife, so she called him El Picadore. Needless to say, I have a box of Picadores put away in his honor.
Sorry for your loss Gavin! Be sure to enjoy smoking in his memory.

Sorry to hear Gavin! I hope you and your family got together and shared stories over the weekend.

Very sorry for your loss Gavin. It's very difficult to lose someone so close with such great memories.

So, I have my dog, and my wife has her guinea pigs. Yes, guinea pigs. They started as my daughter's, and as her interest in the first two wained, my wife took over their care and her interest in the pigs grew. We now have six of them (down from 8, as two of the males had to go), and a night or two ago her favorite guinea pig that we've had the longest took sick. It's looking like it is not going to make it, unfortunately, and my wife is not taking it well. The thing is a cute little bugger, but I hate seeing my wife sad like this. I know, I know, it's a freakin' rodent. It's also at the beginning of its 4-8 year lifespan death window. For her sake, I hope the little fur ball pulls through.

So, I have my dog, and my wife has her guinea pigs. Yes, guinea pigs. They started as my daughter's, and as her interest in the first two wained, my wife took over their care and her interest in the pigs grew. We now have six of them (down from 8, as two of the males had to go), and a night or two ago her favorite guinea pig that we've had the longest took sick. It's looking like it is not going to make it, unfortunately, and my wife is not taking it well. The thing is a cute little bugger, but I hate seeing my wife sad like this. I know, I know, it's a freakin' rodent. It's also at the beginning of its 4-8 year lifespan death window. For her sake, I hope the little fur ball pulls through.
Pets bring so much joy, but man the heartache that comes when something happens to them, makes me question why I put myself though this?, every time I have had to go through it. Sorry your wife is dealing with it.

Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully he pulls through

Keeping my fingers crossed 🤞 the bugger will be ok

Thanks for the thoughts, all. Unfortunately, even though she/we did all that could be done, Curry passed away sometime in the night. Wife didn't take it so well, as expected, but she's going better as the day goes on.

Thanks for the thoughts, all. Unfortunately, even though she/we did all that could be done, Curry passed away sometime in the night. Wife didn't take it so well, as expected, but she's going better as the day goes on.
Very sorry to hear about this. Hopefully she can enjoy the other ones you have as much as the one you lost.. A wise man once told me when I was in a similar situation that there will be more, but never another.

Though she is fine with not getting the ashes back (which surprised me), we ended up taking the little body to what I thought was going to just be a cremation lab about 45 minutes away this morning. It turned out to be the largest animal funeral home I've ever seen. Bigger and "better" than most human funeral homes I've been to (and as a member of the base honor guard many beers ago, I've been to quite a few of them). She got to say goodbye properly, and took home a small bottle of Curry's fur. It really helped her to have proper closure, I think, rather than just dropping the carcass off at the local vet never to be seen again. I hope we never have to utilize their services again, but it really reenforced to me how precious they view pets over here. It was impressive, and definitely helpful for those experiencing a furry loss. I know it was just a guinea pig, but these are/were her little friends, and I completely understand her grieving over it.

I've had pets I hated to see die more than a few people I've known, so I can sympathize with the "it was just a guinea pig" angle. It was her buddy, glad to hear it got a proper send off.