• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Have dukl coverage, however not sure if they will fix or total. Hoping they don't total or she'll be riding a bicycle, lmao

Supposedly her work is checking cameras but I'll believe that if there is footage and they hand it over.

Have dukl coverage, however not sure if they will fix or total. Hoping they don't total or she'll be riding a bicycle, lmao

Supposedly her work is checking cameras but I'll believe that if there is footage and they hand it over.
If they do total it, look into buying it back. Buddy just got $4k fit his daughters vehicle they totaled and bought it back for $400.

Nate, that’s a bummer. Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can find a “hidden treasure” and old lady is selling. Good luck.

Floyd T

That sucks Nate. Did the airbags deploy? I’ve heard this almost always totals a car. I had a car I loved, got t boned and the bags deployed but the damage wasn’t too bad. Totaled it too. Saving grace was value was a little more than I paid for it, but still sucks.

So on Jan 3 , insurance sent an estimate and acted like they were going to fix the car.

Today I got a phone call that they are totaling it :(
That sucks Nate sorry. Did the camera's yield anything?

Not as big a mistake as I made, but still a big mistake is that my mom threw out the $300 giftcard we gave her for Kroger along with the receipt and everything else that could be used to replace it. Granted this was done on accident, she is also the one who really needs that kind of money. I guess it is just par for the course with her.

No worries, we are holding out hope that the $250 in ikea gift cards will come back in 48 hours as they say after I asked my step daughter to cancel the click and collect order so I could just pick it up manually, just today.

And I had the checkout guy giving me the side eye, as if I was trying to scam them.

Who goes through all the hassle to stop, talk with the storage manager, then come back and pay full price, no gift cards…in some effort to “scam” them.

Sorry ikea check out guy, get over it already lol. Anyone would realize I’m not pulling a “fast one” if I’m paying full price and smiling for the cameras on the way out. Lol

Nate did they say why they totaled it? If the airbags didn’t deploy it might be a good candidate to buy it back and have it repaired yourself?

Nate did they say why they totaled it? If the airbags didn’t deploy it might be a good candidate to buy it back and have it repaired yourself?
The estimate was 100$ more then the repairs , if wasnt a 2012 with 166k miles on it , I would have considered buying it back.

I did find more damage then what the estimate had. Bent axle and the B pillar which weren't on the estimate. The shop owner said there could be alot more damage once they dug into it.

On the plus side they are giving more then what I thought they would.

Just sucks 2cnd vehicle we lost in less then 3 months.

The estimate was 100$ more then the repairs , if wasnt a 2012 with 166k miles on it , I would have considered buying it back.

I did find more damage then what the estimate had. Bent axle and the B pillar which weren't on the estimate. The shop owner said there could be alot more damage once they dug into it.

Ah damn. That sucks man, I’m sorry. :(

I feel your pain. I just dropped $2400 on a rebuilt tranny, with another $900 to get it installed. On a vehicle with 280k miles on it. Dumb