• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Would have thought 500-600 on a rw car/truck/suv. On a fw car if have to pull the motor maybe 600-800.
It's 4wd

My only frame of reference is my brother in law has he's replaced in a Ranger was $1200. First quote I got with them ordering the rebuilt tranny plus labor was $7k...

Mechanic is a friend of my brother, so hopefully I'm not getting hosed!

Who knows that may be the norm for where your at. Where I'm at if the Manheim auto auction ever went out of business. This town would be a ghost town overnight. Whole town is repair and detail shops on top of each other.

Who knows that may be the norm for where your at. Where I'm at if the Manheim auto auction ever went out of business. This town would be a ghost town overnight. Whole town is repair and detail shops on top of each other.
Well, I need a car, so we're paying it. Stupid how expensive anytime even remotely reliable something with 4wd is. I'll drive this bitch into the ground, especially since it's our oldest vehicle, and was the only one that started on its own when it was -40. Newer cars just probably need new batteries, but still

Well my old boss is dead. He was a good guy, then divorce and drinking worked him over good. He went from VP to basically part time inside sales. They wouldn't fire him (it's a family owned business), even though he barely showed up and was rarely sober when he did. They tried, shipped him off to rehab twice for months at a time, never even made it through the airport for the flight home before relapse the last time.

I drive by his place on the way to work and saw all the flashing lights from aways off, got up closer and could see the sheet over him behind his car. He lived right across from the main office, I guess they saw him and called it in. He's been in bad health, pretty much every system out of whack due to booze.

The guy was smart, he was an ER trauma nurse when his family bought this business and he quit that to work here. And he was great at it until right around the divorce, crawled into the bottle as they say.

Edit: I posted that and now they come in and say an ambulance is on the way, one of the painters broke his leg. Sheesh.

Ugh. From one happy post to a couple unhappy ones. Not sure what to say…I’m sorry doesn’t seem to cut it for each.😞

At least whatever pain each might have been having is gone now, and they are in a better place. I can hope that for them at the very least.

Not as big a mistake as I made, but still a big mistake is that my mom threw out the $300 giftcard we gave her for Kroger along with the receipt and everything else that could be used to replace it. Granted this was done on accident, she is also the one who really needs that kind of money. I guess it is just par for the course with her.
I made purchases at Kroger and with my Kroger card they were able to look up the receipt. Try going to customer service.

I’m at that age where I’m going to have to start having difficult talks about parental living and dying arrangements with family members. I don’t feel ready for this.

Jon, between parents L&D and your kids going into puberty, it just doesn't get much more exciting than this, but remember Murthy's Law.

I’m at that age where I’m going to have to start having difficult talks about parental living and dying arrangements with family members. I don’t feel ready for this.
Sorry you have to deal with this Jon. I am in end of moving my grandpa into assisted living. I’ve learned everyone says they want to help and be invoked but nobody really does. I’d you take charge and lay out the facts they will respond a lot better than you expect. Just be honest. If you want to talk through things or just want talk you always know where to find me!!

Same here Jon. I’ve kinda already had the talks with my brother, but we just take the stuff day by day. We both live close to them so that makes it easier.

Hard part is getting them or one of them to understand that can’t or at least shouldn’t be driving. To offer to do things requiring this so they don’t have to, you would thing your punching them in the face.

They have at least ramped down, so that’s good. But now I have one that is bound and determined to have every surgery imaginable for any pain they might have, in effort to eliminate it. Which ends them in more pain. It’s an endless cycle. At least they end up not going anywhere when that happens? I guess that is a good thing?