• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Unhappy Thread

Teenagers...

Seriously

No shit! I have almost 3 and all three are different. Our 16 yr old son can’t plan for skit and thinks since I work from home, I’m at his beckon call. The 14 yr old is trying to assert herself into the alpha female role. Not only that, but she’s just like her old man, so we butt heads constantly. Our 12.5 yr old daughter needs constant motivation, to do anything or clean up after herself and procrastinates worse than anyone I know.

I know when they’re all gone, I’ll miss it, but this is why I drink 😂

No shit! I have almost 3 and all three are different. Our 16 yr old son can’t plan for skit and thinks since I work from home, I’m at his beckon call. The 14 yr old is trying to assert herself into the alpha female role. Not only that, but she’s just like her old man, so we butt heads constantly. Our 12.5 yr old daughter needs constant motivation, to do anything or clean up after herself and procrastinates worse than anyone I know.

I know when they’re all gone, I’ll miss it, but this is why I drink 😂
All I can offer, is to pick you battles. It is not worth causing a possibly permanent rift over things that are inconsequential in the long run. If use up all of your parental leadership capital, as it were, on the small stuff, then you won't have a play when it comes to the important matters. Find a way to incentivize those smaller details (cleaning up after themselves, etc.), and find a way to make them want to do those things. Keep in mind that kids only know what they know -- 14 years doesn't provide a whole lot of life experiences to draw upon when weighing their actions.

My dog got spayed yesterday (not unhappy about this) but now is full of energy and being rather defiant about the vet’s orders. My older son has poison Ivy. My younger son needs a project, badly! 1st world problems but this is why I’m drinking tonight.

Is she coned? Gives them supersonic hearing.. 😆

Enzo found something dead he felt the need to roll around in and scent himself with on our walk today. OMG... I can't get that smell out of my nostril and lungs.

I let my dog out right before bedtime one night, he got sprayed by something - I don't think there are skunks around, but it was something. Smelled like overpowering garlic or something. He was foaming at the mouth and generally miserable. I didn't have any tomato juice, but had a couple of cans of Snappy Tom for Bloody Marys. So here I am, dang near midnight washing my dog in the bathtub with Snappy Tom, shampoo, pretty much everything I had. He had a leather collar and that thing soaked up enough that I had to toss that. Not pleasant.

I let my dog out right before bedtime one night, he got sprayed by something - I don't think there are skunks around, but it was something. Smelled like overpowering garlic or something. He was foaming at the mouth and generally miserable. I didn't have any tomato juice, but had a couple of cans of Snappy Tom for Bloody Marys. So here I am, dang near midnight washing my dog in the bathtub with Snappy Tom, shampoo, pretty much everything I had. He had a leather collar and that thing soaked up enough that I had to toss that. Not pleasant.
Yeah, not fun. We were about halfway through the walk when he went down by the water, which is normal and fine. However, he didn't immediately return as he usually does, and when I finally found him, he looked like he rolled in poo, and had slimy stuff all over his fur and harness -- it was the smell of putrefaction, unmistakably. Luckily I had some towels in the car that I was able to get some of it off with before putting him inside, but still almost vomited on the way home with the windows down. When we got back, I immediately ushered him right into the back yard where I locked him out while I went to get my daughter from school (original plans was to have him with me when I picked her up, because the lake is right by the school). Everything that was in the car went right into the laundry room. I gave him the soapiest bath I've ever given him when I got back, but I still faintly smell it. I'm not sure if it's still present on him, or just seared into my sinuses and lungs now. I hosed down his harness and left it outside to dry, but I'm not sure if it can be saved yet.