• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What’s on the grill/smoker today? 2021

I assume he means we have been kicking around the idea of going to Wichita for the Bacon, Bourbon, and Beer (not sure that's right) festival in July.
Let me know if you guys decide to head out that way.

I'm going to smoke some cream cheese today and I have a question. I smoked some with apple pellets and wasn't crazy about the sweet taste. It could have been the rub I used but I think the sweet apple smoke is what I didn't care for. Today, I will smoke with hickory pellets and a savory rub.

What wood do you guys use for cream cheese?

Maybe the marriage of certain foods, and the wood you use, is worthy of it's own thread since there are so many of you who are so accomplished?

I'm going to smoke some cream cheese today and I have a question. I smoked some with apple pellets and wasn't crazy about the sweet taste. It could have been the rub I used but I think the sweet apple smoke is what I didn't care for. Today, I will smoke with hickory pellets and a savory rub.

What wood do you guys use for cream cheese?

Maybe the marriage of certain foods, and the wood you use, is worthy of it's own thread since there are so many of you who are so accomplished?

I haven't tried smoking cheese, but I do know you have to be careful with Hickory, because you can get some bitterness from it sometimes. I would think Pecan would be a great choice for cheese.

Send me what I need to know to do that please?
This has everything you need to know. I've use it as the basis for what I do, and have tried a bunch of different spins off it. I like the maple syrup version a lot.

Two smoked cream cheese. One with a four pepper rub (paprika, red pepper, black pepper, and cayenne), and one with a BBQ rub.

View attachment 52832

One of each with home made fig jam, compliments of @jfields , on a four cheese bagel.
View attachment 52833
How was it , that looks delicious!!! On my last bag of rectec pellets , red oak , white oak , hickory.

So not really sure what flavor of pellets would be best , great think about smoking , lots of experimenting you can do!!!

How was it , that looks delicious!!! On my last bag of rectec pellets , red oak , white oak , hickory.

So not really sure what flavor of pellets would be best , great think about smoking , lots of experimenting you can do!!!
I love them both. Better than the ones I smoked with apple, that was too sweet.