• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2013

gallery_15951_1781_11629.jpg

The talk of Zombie Dust in another thread made me grab my last one from the fridge on Friday night.

gallery_1425_1181_55883.jpg

Followed it up with Bell's Black Note, which is on par with Bourbon County Stout (perhaps even a bit smoother).  Awesome beer.

gallery_1425_1181_41644.jpg

(Both of them in my new custom etched glasses!)

Then on Sunday, had a couple of Boulevard beers during the KC Chiefs tailgate.  Both were very good and I love their thought process on the "tasting room" brews.  The IPA pictured second is the hoppiest beer they've ever made, apparently.

gallery_1425_1181_50548.jpg

gallery_1425_1181_59565.jpg

MoeCizlak said:

I bought some of this based upon your picture and I really liked it.  What did you think of it Mike?

Even though it's not exactly my style, it's good.  Sweet with that dark fruit flavor to it.  Not sure I could drink more than one, but it was perfect after dinner that night.

And if you like a bourbon barrel beer, try Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad which will be out again later this year.  It's loosely based on The Sixth Glass, except with that bourbon-y goodness!

mu mike said:

I bought some of this based upon your picture and I really liked it.  What did you think of it Mike?

Even though it's not exactly my style, it's good.  Sweet with that dark fruit flavor to it.  Not sure I could drink more than one, but it was perfect after dinner that night.

And if you like a bourbon barrel beer, try Boulevard's Bourbon Barrel Quad which will be out again later this year.  It's loosely based on The Sixth Glass, except with that bourbon-y goodness!

BBQ hits stores in KC today I believe.  So it should be showing up other places in the next week or so. 

Bsneed51 said:

BBQ hits stores in KC today I believe.  So it should be showing up other places in the next week or so. 

YES!!!!  This beer is so freakin' good.  If you come across a store with copious quantities let me know.  May need a case of this. :whistling:

Brlesq said:
Sam Adams Oktoberfest.  Disappointing
Agreed! Tasted like something AB would make.

Very watery and flavorless.

Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale on what feels like an Autumn afternoon.  Pairing it with the new La Gloria Cubana Serie R Esteli

Anderson Valley Fall Hornin'.  First pumpkin beer of the new season, even though summer ain't over here in SoCal.

302ruw8.jpg

Away for work this week and happen to be staying at a historic hotel that has a brewery on site. It is the Shawnee Craft Brewery http://www.shawneecraftbrewingcompany.com/ and tonight i ran thru the taps of what was in stock at their pub. Session Porter, 2X Double Pale Ale, Biere Blanche, And a Rasberry Blanche... I'm wasted but would say that the Double Pale is my favorite. 

This will be a great week. I will take some picks of the place for you guys.
Paul