• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2014

There's just something about a Blue Moon with a slice of blood orange that takes me back to Summer every time I drink one...especially when I cook dinner.

image_zpsa9ee39b5.jpg

emoshun said:
Glad you enjoyed those Brandon!

Tom - Their Transcend IPA sounds good, is it on the lighter side? (Dog Fish Head 60 Min style?)

My buddy drinks Transcend all the time and really likes it.  Next visit I'll give it a taste and report back..... :thumbs:

Sierra Nevada Tumbler in honor of Jon.

Here's what I wrote on FB when I posted the picture:  For the past couple years I've looked forward to Sierra Nevada Tumbler to be released. It's beer I really like and it signaled the arrival of one of my favorite times of the year, fall and winter. Late last year Sierra Nevada announced they would no longer be bottling this beer and to get your fill while it was still available. I drink this in honor of Jonathan Bono, who I also won't be seeing for a while. Rest in peace, dude. I hope to share a pint with you when we meet again. I hope you've found the peace you were looking for. Cheers.

Had a Shock To Chocolate wheat and wasn't really impressed. I love Young's Double Chocolate stout and it didn't even compare. I've got a bottle of Southern Tier Chokolat I've been saving and have been curious as to how it would be since I really like Southern Tiers other offerings.

Had a Shock To Chocolate wheat and wasn't really impressed. I love Young's Double Chocolate stout and it didn't even compare. I've got a bottle of Southern Tier Chokolat I've been saving and have been curious as to how it would be since I really like Southern Tiers other offerings.

I'm a big fan of Young's as well. I finally found Rogue's Double Chocolate stout, can't wait to try it.

Been drinking Coors Light on the train though!

Rouge DC is great but that Southern Tier Chokolat is just at good!

My brother is now a brewer at a local brewpub, and he's been killing it with the new recipes they've put out. HAd a gathering last night, so he brought some growlers by:
Forbidden Fruit - a passionfruit wheat beer which was really good, had a nice little tart note to it. Will probably be a great drink in the summer
Main Street Mocha Porter - a coffee porter they make with a local coffee roaster. He took a recipe from the old brewmaster, changed the coffee profile up, and made it better, imo.
Rhinoc-O-Rye - a red rye that was a great change of pace from the other two.

Tom that Main Street Mocha Porter sounds delish! Low ABV I take it? (Sessionable with cigars)

Just went through a 4 pack of BigFoot. Didnt stand a chance. So delicious... Enough to endure the hop headache.

Jonesy said:
Southern tier Choklat is a fantastic beer.  Simply love it.  The only two from this brewery that I like more is the Pumking and the Creme Brulee.  I often make beer floats in the summer with Haagen Dazs Coffee Ice Cream and Southern Tier Choklat.  Truly an excellent beer float.  

B.HOBS said:
Just went through a 4 pack of BigFoot. Didnt stand a chance. So delicious... Enough to endure the hop headache.
Bigfoot is such a weird case of Jekyl and Hyde.  Fresh, I find it a mess and pretty harsh but I know people like it as an American style barleywine.  With some years on it, it turns into a very nice malt forward English style barleywine.  I'm working on putting together a vertical which means I need to check back and see how the 2012 bottles are doing.

Way too many last night, fuuuuuuuuuuu I have a headache this morning. See untappd or instagram for pics.

The Black Cloud said:

Bigfoot is such a weird case of Jekyl and Hyde.  Fresh, I find it a mess and pretty harsh but I know people like it as an American style barleywine.  With some years on it, it turns into a very nice malt forward English style barleywine.  I'm working on putting together a vertical which means I need to check back and see how the 2012 bottles are doing.

I've tried it several times and could barely finish 1 bottle.  It's just too much for me.  

Last night, I had a new release from Prairie Artisan Ale - Potlatch, which is a Farmhouse Ale brewed with mosaic hops.  I think it would be a great summer beer, great tropical/citrus flavors.

7krf.jpg

Backslide said:
Way too many last night, fuuuuuuuuuuu I have a headache this morning. See untappd or instagram for pics.

WTF is "untappd'? Did a new Internet sensation get by me AGAIN?  :rolleyes:

Pint of Hairy Eyeball on tap, fuggin amazingly complex cloves/plum/brown sugar yet not overly viscous and just shy of a barleywine.

This does not drink like a 9.4%!

CulturedHick said:
Old Rasputin, a great way to start off my weekend since I am off tomorrow.

I love those Alan! Enjoy your weekend.