• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2014

Alesmith Old Ale.  Quite good.

zmli03.jpg

Stopped at BJ's Brewhouse after the race yesterday. This is their Tatonka Stout. What a great creamy taste.

Founder's Imperial Stout - Holy Mother of Jesus!
That's an excellent beer..... Nice heavy mouthfeel <Gary insert joke here>, plenty of charred malt, coffee, dark chocolate, etc. I'll take this over Breakfast Stout any day.

jfields said:
That's an excellent beer..... Nice heavy mouthfeel <Gary insert joke here>, plenty of charred malt, coffee, dark chocolate, etc. I'll take this over Breakfast Stout any day.

It's harder for me to find that than it is Breakfast Stout.  I've had it a couple of times and really enjoyed it. 

Bsneed51 said:

It's harder for me to find that than it is Breakfast Stout.  I've had it a couple of times and really enjoyed it. 

If either of you need any, I can get it by the case here.  And I agree, it's a great stout.

Ommegang Chocolate Indulgence Stout- Meh, ok but not a favorite. Lots of better Chocolate stouts out there.
Buffalo Bayou Imperial Stout- Good, but there's a ton of good RIS possibilities out there. Kinda falls a little short.

We tried a bottle of Stone's Coconut IPA recently.  I remembered JFields saying it was lackluster.  It was.  Stone, as a whole, I continue to find lackluster.  I think I'm done with them.  They are by no means bad, but we have plenty of breweries here to choose from that are at least as good.  Now, we also recently started getting Green Flash beers.  I am a big fan of the Green Flash. 

Green Flash Double Stout is a favorite of mine.  Haven't had it in a while.  Their West Coast IPA is solid.

And since I had a couple today:

Ladyface 2010 Anniversary
Layface 2011 barleywine

tsmckenney said:
We tried a bottle of Stone's Coconut IPA recently.  I remembered JFields saying it was lackluster.  It was.  Stone, as a whole, I continue to find lackluster.  I think I'm done with them.  They are by no means bad, but we have plenty of breweries here to choose from that are at least as good.  Now, we also recently started getting Green Flash beers.  I am a big fan of the Green Flash. 
I completely agree with you about Stone.   They have a few decent offerings, but nothing I'll go out of my way to get.  To many other good beers.

I agree about Stone, there are a few well done beers but nothing you should drive 10 miles and pay a huge markup for. 2-14-14 Enjoy By IPA would be one to search for IMHO.

I was very happy to see them in Costco as a permanent addition, as that's the only place I'll buy them, $27 for a case of their IPA makes it very approachable as a daily drink.

Enjoy By is an incredible scam marketing ploy which reminds me of my favorite cigar maker. So much of what Stone does almost mirrors that same approach that I'm quickly getting turned off by them.

While I agree they're adept in creating hype surrounding limited releases, Stone is still a regional craft brewery (180k bbls) available in about 38 states and cannot sustain the demand created through word of mouth including that of social media.

It simply travels faster and further than they can ship their beer, and in the next few years this problem should wane as they are expanding even more.

So I understand any inherent distaste for something like this, and can easily see the correlations made between them and the fleur de lis branded cigar maker you spake of.

Cheers!