• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Franziskaner Dunkel this evening. I love the sweet banana bread note in it... goes great with a good cigar.

I'm currently drinking an Arrogant Bastard Ale. I fucking love it!!

I'm going to go get some more after the Giants finish pounding the retards--I mean the Texans.

Had a Dark Lord (2010) last night that was smoother than the '09 and there was no overpowering taste of alcohol. Followed up by some Southern Tier Mokah and Great Divide Yeti while tailgating at the UM vs FSU game. At 21-0 I walked out of the game. John

Last night I had a Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Tonight I am enjoying a Weston Brew Labs Hot Pepper Ale.

Tried out a couple of home brews that are in various stages. The scotch ale we brewed a few months ago is pretty much fantastic right now.

The dry Irish Stout we brewed will probably benefit from about a week more carbonating and then will be solid. Has a slight sour note that I am not an enormous fan of but I think that will blend with the chocolate coffee that is nice.

Kologne Kolch on the docket for tomorrow too!

I'll start this with an apology, as this beer is going to be too limited and too expensive to hook people up. Surly Wet. My favorite Surly. Currently available in cans. This beer is so amazing. The oils from the fresh hops bring out a character that is absolutely delicious. Of all the wet-hopped beers I've had, this is by far and wide the best. It's fng perfect. There's no other way about it.

This weekend was spent in San Diego with the lil woman celebrating our 2nd Anniversary. Went to lil Italy Festival had some Moretti La Rossa Birra ...then had dinner at a tapas bar. Next day spent walking around the Gaslamp Quarters. Had a great weekend and ended it with a stop at Stone Brewery / Bistro on the way home. This place is awesome ... had a glass 09.09.09, 10.10.10, Ruination, and Stone IPA. Couldnt have been a better weekend.

Last night went to 'the Goat' (Surly that is) and enjoyed a great night with Firestone Certified Cicerone™ Jace Milstead and president David Walker, and some good friends!

Chico and I started the night with a Velvet Merkin on Cask ... and I have to say this was the best beer I have had, smooth, creamy, very drinkable .. it was like a liquified tootsie roll ... I could drink this all day and night ... after speaking with Jace he informed me the bottles that are out will be nothing like the cask :( :( :( but nonetheless this was a great oatmeal stout!

Next was Bravo, this was a special treat ... smooth straight forwad and full of malty goodness. Not a complex beer but I liked this one alot ... as for the Abacus, i found it a bit more rough around the edges, tasted more oak and roasted bitterness, this was more complex with layered flavors ... good but not my favorite. While sitting David Walker comes to us and starts chatting .. great guy! We were informed by David that Abacus was a blend of Parabola and Bravo, interesting!

Sorry for the long winded post but I had a greatweek considered everything that has happened the past 3 weeks. :thumbs:

edit: Added a few more details

Workin' on a growler of Moose's Tooth Fairweather IPA :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Young's Double Chocolate Stout. Glad I'll be able to get it in the states...

Belfast Bay Lobster Ale. It's a nice local red ale that I doubt is distributed outside of Maine.

Doc.

Belfast Bay Lobster Ale. It's a nice local red ale that I doubt is distributed outside of Maine.

Doc.

There's a restaurant down here that serves it, and I've seen it at a local beer distributor that just opened up. The one time I tried it, I enjoyed it.

Williamsburg Alewerks Pumpkin Ale. Awesome! Just like drinking a slice of pumpkin pie.

I'm currently sipping a glass of Harviestown Ola Dubh Special Reserve 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.