• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan's coffee stout that he gifted me a bottle of at the last SoCal herf. Liked it! I'll tell ya, Jon, that brew packed some heat! I have no idea what the ABV was but I'm guessing somewhere between 7 and 8. I'm feeling it and it was only a 12oz bottle! Curiously (or not) in the middle of the taste I got a pretty distinct tobacco flavor which I dug quite a lot. The beer had a bit of sour/bitterness which I wasn't expecting, but it was pretty unique. If you upped the malty sweetness a bit I would buy a whole case of the stuff from you! Thanks man!

Glad to hear brotha! I think the sour/bitterness was just the youth in the brew. I fully expected you guys to open them near Christmas, but I should have known better for you! :laugh: I'll check the ABV when I get home, but it's up near the 9% IIRC.

Jonathan's coffee stout that he gifted me a bottle of at the last SoCal herf. Liked it! I'll tell ya, Jon, that brew packed some heat! I have no idea what the ABV was but I'm guessing somewhere between 7 and 8. I'm feeling it and it was only a 12oz bottle! Curiously (or not) in the middle of the taste I got a pretty distinct tobacco flavor which I dug quite a lot. The beer had a bit of sour/bitterness which I wasn't expecting, but it was pretty unique. If you upped the malty sweetness a bit I would buy a whole case of the stuff from you! Thanks man!

Glad to hear brotha! I think the sour/bitterness was just the youth in the brew. I fully expected you guys to open them near Christmas, but I should have known better for you! :laugh: I'll check the ABV when I get home, but it's up near the 9% IIRC.
i couldn't wait either had mine during packers game and I really enjoyed it. I thought it was more of a session stout ... it was refreshing and went down easy. Maybe I need to stop drinking if 9% isn't affecting me anymore

Tried my first Surly Coffee Bender Saturday night. Not bad at all. My original thought was beer + coffee would be a strange combination but it worked. :thumbs:

Tried my first Surly Coffee Bender Saturday night. Not bad at all. My original thought was beer + coffee would be a strange combination but it worked. :thumbs:

Nice! Did you pair it with a cigar and would you get more?

Thanks for the haul Bill. Already drank 2.

Nice! Did you pair it with a cigar and would you get more?

Thanks for the haul Bill. Already drank 2.

Alas, the situation didn't allow smoking AND drinking. My wife and I were joined by her sister and husband (he's the culprit who really got me into this hobby in the first place) for euchre and drinks. Nate and I both had a can (poured in a chilled pint glass, of course :D ) and the ladies had margaritas. Due to the snow and cold temps here in MN we drank our beers while playing cards at the dining room table. Sadly the girls beat us on the first game.

I wish my wife could stand me smoking inside but that will never happen.

But yes, I'd buy Coffee Bender again. Whereas Furious is a bit hoppy for my tastes, Coffee Bender was dark and complex without all the hops.

I hope to enjoy it with one of the fine sticks you sent. Glad you've been able to enjoy a couple cans already.

Cheers, Chico! :thumbs:

Minneapolis Town Hall did a very small release of their annual Pumpkin. I was lucky enough to score a growler right before Thanksgiving. Everyone who tried it, loved it. I was surprised, I enjoyed it even more than Pumpking.

One of my favs, DFH- Burton Baton Imperial IPA.
Also, Anchor Holiday Release (ok, not amazing though).

Boulevard Dark Truth Stout while watching the KU-UCLA game.

Boulevard Dark Truth Stout while watching the KU-UCLA game.

Oh man! that's part of the Smokestack Series Brent keeps teasing me with.

They just released this in 12oz bottle 4packs...much better than having to drink a whole 750ml bottle in my opinion.

The lil smokies are the best, especially when the store lets you mix and match. Had a Dark Truth with a cigar on Saturday and a Sixth Glass on Monday. I plan on keeping Tank 7 in the fridge regularly. Great price too.

I drink too much. :(

Stone Lukcy Basartd
Stone Peppercorn black ale (also forgot the name)
Alesmith IPA (forgot the real name)
Surly Furious clone
Buffalo Blueberry stout
Firestone Christmas release stout

I can't really recall anything else besides my head hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.