• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatever Happened to....

He Man
The "Original" Transformers
Kool Aid with cane sugar
Laser Tag
Freeze Tag

6 1\2 0z cokes in green bottles.

As a kid, I can remember very clearly riding my mini bike through the grass seed fields about a mile and half from mom and dad's house to Billy Peterson's 76 Union station. For $0.50 I could pull a glass bottle of grape crush out of his stand alone cooler, and fill the gas tank on my mini bike. Good times.....

He Man
Kool Aid with cane sugar
Laser Tag
Freeze Tag

I still have my old Laser Tag helmet and set in my closet. It's one of those things I'm kinda scared to get rid of, though I have no use for it. My luck I'll throw it in the trash and a few years later it'd be worth $5K to some collector.

He Man
Kool Aid with cane sugar
Laser Tag
Freeze Tag

I still have my old Laser Tag helmet and set in my closet. It's one of those things I'm kinda scared to get rid of, though I have no use for it. My luck I'll throw it in the trash and a few years later it'd be worth $5K to some collector.

Who'd a thunk some future collector will want to collect your head sweat.

As a kid, I can remember very clearly riding my mini bike through the grass seed fields about a mile and half from mom and dad's house to Billy Peterson's 76 Union station. For $0.50 I could pull a glass bottle of grape crush out of his stand alone cooler, and fill the gas tank on my mini bike. Good times.....
I worked in my grandmother's store when I was a kid starting around age 6. I remember .05 cent Devil Dogs, .10 cent sodas, a loaf of bread was .25 cents. 1/2 gal. of milk was .50 cents and Budweiser was $1.35 a six pk.

Doc

I worked in my grandmother's store when I was a kid starting around age 6. I remember .05 cent Devil Dogs, .10 cent sodas, a loaf of bread was .25 cents. 1/2 gal. of milk was .50 cents and Budweiser was $1.35 a six pk.

Doc

We had a machine about a mile walk from the house that had 6 oz coke for 5 cents and a penny deposite. (needless to say, that didn't stick around long)

I also remember "gas wars" while driving with my Dad in Tennessee and Kentucky where a gallon of gas was 17.9 cents a gallon.

Beer and Soda can's before flip tops. I bet alot of today's youth would just stare at one of those just scratching their heads and wondering how to open them.

Beer and Soda can's before flip tops. I bet alot of today's youth would just stare at one of those just scratching their heads and wondering how to open them.

I used those for my sling shots. Today's youth wouldn't know how to build one either.

ROOTBEER.jpg

I remember we kids used to challenge each other who could tank the whole green bottle without stopping. Sometimes you won, most of the time the sheer burn from the bubbles would come out your nose! Good times.

Doc

Budweiser??? You savage!

Doc

Budweiser??? You savage!

I know this is difficult for you to comprehend, young fella, but there was no craft beer in the olden days, you either made your own, which usually sucked, or you bought Molson Canadian.

Doc

Doc

Budweiser??? You savage!

I know this is difficult for you to comprehend, young fella, but there was no craft beer in the olden days, you either made your own, which usually sucked, or you bought Molson Canadian.

Doc

...or Pabst...or Miller....or Ballantine...or Rheingold...or Piel's...Hell, Bud was considered the 'good stuff'.

Man, back in the day, you'd give your left nut for a Molson down in Jersey!