• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Whatever Happened to....

Car 54

Cisco & Pancho

Dick Tracy

Penny ???? Candy

Coke in a returnable glass bottle ( along with 7-up, orange crush etc. )

Soda fountains where you could get fizz drink.

Being afraid to ask your druggist where the rubbers were.

What were under those tight sweaters girls wore.

Playing for kingers with chestnuts.

One stop light covering all four corners.

Ok, someone's elses turn.

Nothing more pathetic than a bunch of geezers waxing nostalgic. Let's not forget Smiley Burdet and all the other side-kicks

Doc

Even worse when you are probably THAT geezer.

Phones with dials.

Five diget zip codes.

Buzz Sawyer.

The green hornet.

The Shadow ( only the Shadow knows ).

Sky King, Penny and the Songbird.

The Lone Ranger & Tonto

Roy Rogers, Dale Evens and the jeep, Jezable And the dog, Bullet.

Fella's, it just dawned on me that at least 50% of you think I am talking shit. I'm not, but it didn't occur to me that most of this is pre 1960 and you were not even born.

The bad thing is I know it's real. Enlightening discovery on my part.

Carry on youngsters. :). :)

6 1\2 0z cokes in green bottles.

As a kid, I can remember very clearly riding my mini bike through the grass seed fields about a mile and half from mom and dad's house to Billy Peterson's 76 Union station. For $0.50 I could pull a glass bottle of grape crush out of his stand alone cooler, and fill the gas tank on my mini bike. Good times.....
I worked in my grandmother's store when I was a kid starting around age 6. I remember .05 cent Devil Dogs, .10 cent sodas, a loaf of bread was .25 cents. 1/2 gal. of milk was .50 cents and Budweiser was $1.35 a six pk.

Doc

Budweiser??? You savage!

I know this is difficult for you to comprehend, young fella, but there was no craft beer in the olden days, you either made your own, which usually sucked, or you bought Molson Canadian.

Doc

Savage with the utmost respect Sir!
I knew it would get a rise out of you!

The "choke" lever on cars without fuel injection

Full service gas stations

Garbage Pail Kids

The "Lenny's" diner restaurant that got turned into a Tommy's. I love Tommy's, but I miss the breakfast at Lenny's.

I know a scant few Pioneer Chicken restaurants still exist, but I'll always remember the old turnstyle corn-on-the-cob wheel they had that would rotate the pieces of corn in a melted butter bath.

"Freestyle" bike riding

CC86
St Ides Special Brew (feat snoop dogg and tupac)
Regular animation on cartoons

The "choke" lever on cars without fuel injection

Garbage Pail Kids

The "Lenny's" diner restaurant that got turned into a Tommy's. I love Tommy's, but I miss the breakfast at Lenny's.

I know a scant few Pioneer Chicken restaurants still exist, but I'll always remember the old turnstyle corn-on-the-cob wheel they had that would rotate the pieces of corn in a melted butter bath.

"Freestyle" bike riding

Not if you live in New Jersey. I believe is the law down there.

Garbage Pail Kids

"Freestyle" bike riding

As said, it's the law in New Jersey. You have to let some Indian guy pump your gas for you. Whether he'll actually check the dipstick and add a quart under the hood is unknown. Whether he knows WHERE to add the quart to is an even bigger mystery...

I had, literally, a large moving box neatly stacked full of Garbage Pail Kids. I loved the stale stick of gum, too.

One word: RAD!

We were at the museum in Bastogne a few months ago, and as we were walking through the dioramas, there was a mock-up of a Nazi headquarters office. On the table was an old typewriter. My 11-year-old was fascinated for some time by it. It occurred to me at that moment, that she had never actually seen a real live manual typewriter before, and truly had no idea what it was.

Tooth paste that came in lead tubes.

Oh yeah, people got sick and they couldn't figure out why.

this deserves a bump...

This one is for you CJ :thumbs: :

dsc006901lm1.jpg

Having to press the button on the floor of a car with my left foot to change from reg to bright lights
Getting paddled in school and then getting my ass tore up at home FOR getting paddled at school!
Kids saying "yes maam" and "yes sir"
Stretch Armstrong
Sneaking out of the window at night to talk to the girl next door. Now, my son will sit on his bed for an hour or more texting the girl that lives across the street instead of going over to actually talk in person. Technology has made everything impersonal.
Kids going to a library to do a report because that's where the encyclopedias and books were.
Calling home and only dialing 263-2927 without having to use the area code first

I could go on forever....