• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CIGARS THAT HAVE KICKED YOUR @&#36&#36!

Being a former 30 year cigarette smoker, the nicotine really doesn't give me the kind of kick that most people talk about. The Bolivar that Sam may be talking about is the Royal Corona, a robusto sized cigar. Everyone that I know that smoked it has gotten their butts kicked. Also, I like strong cigars and most don't phase me, but even I had to step back partway through the cigar and take a little breather before finishing it off. Mighty powerful smoke.

I was surprised by a Monte #4 ISOM I had about six months ago.  Room spinning, stomach spinning.....:shocked: Funny thing was that it was this particular cigar.  I brought a box back from Italy and the others did not affect me this way, just this one little, itsy-bitsy corona.Today's my Bday and I'll smoke what I want to, smoke what I want to, smoke what I want to.  You would smoke to if this happened to you.  I am in a lucky subset of married people:  my mother-in-law LOVES me:biggrin:, at least is evidenced by the box of Montecristo Club #60 that landed on my doorstep yesterday.  Oh baby.  A 7" stick is now first in line today.Many of the sticks that have been talked about on this thread are sitting in my "these are great, don't smoke these everyday" humidor.  I like the various comments and have added a couple into today's lineup. But, since we are daytripping to Sedona today (and I'm driving), the VSGs will stay at home ... just to be on the safe side.  Should be interesting:  Consuegra and La Finca while driving and the good stuff when relaxing (I just can bring myself to smoke a "great" cigar when driving; it needs my total attention).Have a great day everyone!

What cigar would you recommend, [that you can get in most smoke shops (readily available)], that will give you a nice kick?

Does aging a cigar cause it to lose it's nicotine?

The only cigar that I got slightly dizzy from was a Bolivar. Anyone know of a less expensive cigar available in any average smoke shop that will pack more of a punch? And don't say "Punch" LOL :)

Sam The Man...thanks for the review/update on the VSG's. I have a box of VSG Sorcerer's in the collerdor now. I got them in August and was sitting on them for a few months before trying them. I believe I may wait until next Spring to get them out. Remind me and I'll bust one out to ya. To get your opinion, of course! ;)

SKYDIVNEKD

Rod, You may want to try the CAO Anniversary Extreme. It packs a preatty good punch and is readily available at most shops. It comes in alot of sizes so you should be able to find one you like.

Thanks alot guys! I'll check those two cigars out soon. :)

Partagas series D habanna.. kicked my ass could not even finish it!

H. Upmann Conneseuor No. 1

The room I was smoking in wasn't well ventelated, my wife had pity on my retched soul.

I got back up on that horse and revisited that smoke a month later and fought it tooth and nail and I prevailed.

Guts were intact and I plan on ordering a box soon!

Smoked a Gurkha Centurian Double-X earlier that I acquired in a trade a month or so ago. Man! Knocked me on my ass more than any other cigar to date - I got half-way through it and was wishing I had eaten something beforehand...

Anyone else get knocked back recently like a teenager sneaking their first dose of nicotine?

- Oak

(Why start a new thread, when the old one works so well? :D )

yep, this guy kicked my ass:

opus_x_toast.jpg

It's a Fuente Fuente Opus X in a special charity "toast across America" size.

I had it while sitting down, with a double-espresso. Whoah nelly... I got dizzy, my heart-rate was going like the energizer bunny. I have *never* experienced anything like that from a cigar.

Try any Vegas Robaina, they'll knock ya on your a$$ ;)

Nothing much fazes me anymore as I sit here smoking a VR Famosos.

Ooooooo, I just remembered one, back in my novice days, I got knocked on my butt by an El Rey del Mundo Robusta Suprema. My tobacconist called it a "skull popper" :D

Also as mentioned earlier in this thread, El Rico Habano (made by the same company as La Gloria Cubana) are STRONG!!

To me, the thing that makes the most difference is if I smoke on a full or empty stomach.

For instance, I just had a litte snack but if I didn't eat before smoking this VR, I'd be stumbling around.......

het Rod, domestic-wise:

Joya de Nic Antanos
La Gloria Cubanas

good, but what sent me spinning last was a small
H.d.M. du depute!

tiny, but felt drunk for a good hour after

Baby Iguana
LFD Chisel

both in an unpleasant way

Opus X
Anejo
Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970

in a pleasant way

The first one that really kicked my a$$ was a Brazilia GOL! Was at a great concert and in the excitement smoked it way too fast on an empty stomach. I thought I was gonna pass out for sure. Since then I've been much more careful and have only gotten a mild and not unpleasant buzz.

I distinctly remember 4 cigars that kicked my ass...

First one that comes to mind was an OpusX RdC...about three years ago...I needed fresh air.

Second, an OpusX Power Ranger that was original batch, gifted to me by Art Sosa. Wow...that packed a punch. Had many since, none like that one.

Third, an original batch VSG -- corona size I think. The current batch is nothing like the first ones.

Finally, a 98 Partagas Lusi, that I power-herfed in about 45 minutes, after drinking about 3 cups of Cubita coffee. This was prior to a Jimmy Buffett concert at Alpine Valley. I turned white...they say...didn't get sick...just need recovery time. Wasted away in Margarittaville...lol!

I remember my first maduro smoke I tried It was about 2 1/2 years ago. I think it was a Don Thomas... All I know is that I got really sick and barfed up alll my lunch afterwards. I think it was just wayyyy to strong form me. thats the reason why I ran away from maddies after that.

Back when when I was just a wee lad and fairly new to cigars a Punch Rare Corojo double corona had its way with me. Punch don't bother me anymore.

This past October Ricmac gave me a Padron 1926 No. 2 Maduro for my birthday wich I smoked on an empty stomach (actually I was hungry as hell) and it messed me up pretty good. Of course it was such a great smoke that I didn't care....thanks Ric.

Backslide420 said:
I remember my first maduro smoke I tried It was about 2 1/2 years ago. I think it was a Don Thomas... All I know is that I got really sick and barfed up alll my lunch afterwards. I think it was just wayyyy to strong form me. thats the reason why I ran away from maddies after that.
You need to run your a$$ right back to maddies :p It's a common misconception that maddies are always strong. There are plenty of mild to medium maduros out there. Plus I think a lot of the problem is smoking too fast. Relax and enjoy! Take a puff or two per minute. Most sticks smoke better that way. If you smoke them too fast they tend to burn hot and a lot of flavor can be lost.

In support of LucasBuck, the Padron Palmas and 2000 maduros are mild to medium. I've enjoyed both.