• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

It's official!

Jeff, you cannot just smoother every bit of childish initiative just cuz it doesn’t make sense to an adult. These are the future leaders of this country and if you don’t let them make mistakes early on, then they will learn those lessons when they are running things. Good for the school to dismiss that dumb idea, but good of the students for trying. What they now need is an adult to direct their energy towards worthy causes and not litter boxes.
BTW, good of your grandson for knowing where to draw the line and not succumb to peer pressure. That is a good independent spirit.
Jon, this isn't devilish behavior we all had to grow out of, this is signs of mental dysfunction, most likely caused by poor parenting; these are not 8 year olds, they are 15-16 year olds. Who do you think is sitting these kids down and trying to help them make better decisions?

The school? ..... No
Their parents? .... Clearly not, or it would exist to begin with.
Other students? .... No, they will just make fun of them and further segment the student population.

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on how kids identifying as cats is hurting other people and dooming them for the rest of their lives. Strange for sure, but seems like a stretch to me.
I get what you’re saying in general, but if you don’t think wasting time and money on things that are irrelevant to studies and teaching has an effect, just look at our scores compared to other places. We spend more money on “education” than anyone in the world, but only have mediocre results in comparison. Why is that?

Jeff, it is not happening.

The kids who passed around the petition at best were making a joke. At worst making light of what trans kids are going through. The kids with the petition are the kids hurting other kids.

Dogs don't even shit in litter boxes. Did the petition include fire hydrant installation for the kids who identify as dogs?

No one is identifying as cats and dogs.

Teachers have to buy their own school supplies, but you think for a minute they'll spring for litter boxes that can accommodate people inside already overcrowded classrooms?

Does cat litter even work with human waste?
WOW!

Once you pay off your house in the first year of selling pics, you'll feel better about yourself.
Remember when you were thinking about inviting me to play in your member guest? I'm busy that weekend!🤣

Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on how kids identifying as cats is hurting other people and dooming them for the rest of their lives. Strange for sure, but seems like a stretch to me.
I'm sure that at various times in your kids adolescence, you had to steer them away from certain kids who were a bad influence, or simply spoiled rotten and didn't want that rubbing off on your kids. I know I did, and my kids, now that they have kids of their own, have thanked me numerous times. The kids they wanted to hang with for whatever reason are now a mixture of failures because their parents "let their kids be what they wanted to be" when they should have been providing guidance.

Dogs don't even shit in litter boxes.

Dogs look at litter boxes as the “Golden Corral” of the dog world. Maybe they are setting up a new “lunch” program!

Yes, they do but NOT if you’ve had ten beers and you’re just “breaking the seal”! Way too much for the average box. Just sayin’!

Floyd T

For those saying this isn’t real, or isn’t true, or just isn’t happening - yeah, it is. My local high school is considering doing the litter box thing, and it might actually happen because the school board is filled with a buncha fuckin loony toons. My bosses kid got expelled for mockingly barking at the group of kids that identify as dogs.

Maybe I just don’t get it. Raise your kids/grandkids, the way you want, the right way and it will be fine. They’ll make mistakes and learn, that’s what life is about. To that point, what’s the “right” way? You nor I can answer that for any other parent or kid.

Trying to control others and how those other parents parent their kids, will never work. Do any of you honestly think that a school system is going to install litter boxes, for a kid to squat in the classroom? No, they aren’t. Identifying as a cat or dog, is stupid.

I’m trying to wrap my head around, how it affects your grandson, honestly. Does he have to be around weird kids? Yes. Does he have to be around kids that always smell and not practice hygiene? Yep. What about someone who wears all black and draws dark things on their notebooks or heaven forbid, on themselves? Yes, he does and will continue to be around that type until he graduates. So what. Going to High School, sometimes isn’t fun, but it’s necessary.

I’d be more worried if you or his parents removed him and put him in a school, with all the other kids being just like him. What would that teach him or accomplish? Knowing strange kids exist and learning how to deal or not deal with them, will serve him well, as he grows up. He seems to have a good idea of what’s stupid and knows not to get involved in it. Kudos to you and your son for raising him to know the difference. As a parent, I can provide guidance over and over again, but I can only really hope/pray that they take it and use it.

Jeff, it is not happening.

The kids who passed around the petition at best were making a joke. At worst making light of what trans kids are going through. The kids with the petition are the kids hurting other kids.

Dogs don't even shit in litter boxes. Did the petition include fire hydrant installation for the kids who identify as dogs?

No one is identifying as cats and dogs.

Teachers have to buy their own school supplies, but you think for a minute they'll spring for litter boxes that can accommodate people inside already overcrowded classrooms?

As much as I’ve been enjoying this thread, I’m in Tommy’s camp, @CigarStone. Pump your breaks dude. I didn’t want you having a heart attack over this.

Last edited:
The next generation always has to think of a way to outdo the previous!

Truth is definitely stranger than fiction!

Well, here is the what I found to be "fact" (as much as you can believe anyone these days). The kids passed a petition around, it became an issue with different factions of students so the district took it under advisement and dismissed it.

1. Good for them that they dismissed it.
  2. Deplorable that they even considered it!
  3. Deplorable that they left it for the kids to deal with!
  4. Sad that these kids aren't in psychological counseling since they clearly do not have responsible parents.
  5. Sad how many people simply wash their hands of it.
  6. Sad that these kids will end up having troubles their entire lives because everyone would rather look the other way.
One of my favorite sayings in life. "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"
Sadly, identity issues for teens isn’t a new thing. Teens do not have access to support far to often. Teen mental health is a very important issue.

For those saying this isn’t real, or isn’t true, or just isn’t happening - yeah, it is. My local high school is considering doing the litter box thing, and it might actually happen because the school board is filled with a buncha fuckin loony toons. My bosses kid got expelled for mockingly barking at the group of kids that identify as dogs.

Do you have a link to something concrete that shows your local high school is considering it? A quick Google search brings up a bunch of debunked stories and I haven't come across one link where the claim was substantiated. Here's a clip from one of the sources I read:

"The false claim that children who identify as cats are using litter boxes in school bathrooms has spread across the internet since at least December, when a member of the public brought it up at a school board meeting for Midland public schools north-west of Detroit.

The claim was debunked by the district’s superintendent, who issued a statement that said there had “never been litter boxes within MPS schools”.

Still, the baseless rumor has spread across the country, and become fuel for political candidates, amid the culture wars and legislative action involving gender identification in schools."

I was a teen once, I don't recalling ever seeing a "furry" or even ever hearing of one.

@MoeCizlak and @kann have really good points. In this era of miss information, false statements, as well as the cry of fake news, It would be refreshing to see something proven true amidst all of these deep bond websites that others have brought up left and right. Can we see some facts? If not I’m gonna have to believe this is false in absence evidence of any proof.

And in absence of real proof, just how much energy are going to put into arguing this hypothetical situation?