• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

Wilkey,

What's the ring gauge on that bad boy???

-Rob

PS. I think points should be given for difficulty level... A harder cigar to stand (like a pc) should rate higher! :whistling:

Thanks, BD!

Rob,

The Flor de Llaneza is 6.25 x 54. I think the ash could have gone a little farther but the band was originally set pretty far from the head. I didn't want to chance burning more of the ash because I couldn't see what the burn line looked like.

The cigar got acrid in the final third so the band didn't seem to add much bad taste. The aroma, however, was not so pleasant. Sort of like burning hay or straw.

As for difficulty, the Opus X Chili Pepper would rank right up there because of the tapering toward the foot. I'd guess that cigar might be practically impossible to stand.

Well, if you weekend smokers have any pics, throw them up but this evening. I'll be picking my favorites later tonight. :)

Wilkey

Any perfecto would be difficult, think Gurkha Centurain XX.

Any perfecto would be difficult, think Gurkha Centurain XX.

Yep, tried to hold out for a stand pic with my XX this weekend, but I got too greedy and lost it at about 60%

Well, I was going for the hat trick, but didn't make it. :laugh: AF Hemingway Untold Story 7.50 x 53. Man, what a great cigar though :love:

DSC00875.jpg

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

This was a great idea, and I also would like to see it be a yearly event!

Thanks for the contest Wilkey :thumbs:

Just wondering what you were gonna do come ash stand time with that pointy end ???
I was hoping it would flatten out......hmmmmm. Oh well, it got a wicked curve, even though I turned it, and I knew I was screwed :sign:

Just wondering what you were gonna do come ash stand time with that pointy end ???
I was hoping it would flatten out......hmmmmm. Oh well, it got a wicked curve, even though I turned it, and I knew I was screwed :sign:

LOL :laugh:

Don't think the was a rule about flicking an ash along the way to get a better platform. Oh well, I bet it was still a nice smoke :love:

Gentlemen,

I have made my picks and have updated the opening post of this thread with the winners and their awards.

It has been a blast!

Keep smoking and keep ash standing!

Wilkey

Gentlemen,

I have made my picks and have updated the opening post of this thread with the winners and their awards.

It has been a blast!

Keep smoking and keep ash standing!

Wilkey

Thank you very much there Wilkey!! :D Thanks for the Kudos... I do appreciate them, very much. This contest has been quite the excercise in, let's call it.. "controlled ash construction" :rolleyes: Has been quite the amusing thread, with an almost edge of the seat level intensity accompanying it. :laugh:
I wouldn't have been able to do it without the motivation and determination which came from the so many other quality contenders. I salute you all!
Now I just have to decide whether or not to be too cool and ammend my member title to: The 2006 Champion Ash Stander!. :laugh: :rolleyes:

Anyway, this has been a hell of a time.... and a hell of lot of burnt finger tips. :D

slevy007

~steve

Way to go Steve!
Thanks Wilkey! This contest was AWESOME! We gotta figure out how to keep this contest going!
-Rob

Damn, I was going to swoop in and sweep the awards with my Opus X "A" standing on ash... but I missed the deadline!

Congrats Slevy, well deserved.

Outstanding thread Wilkey, I had fun participating and failing at many attempts, haha.

Congratulation Slevy007 , Rob300c and AVB great job guys!!!

As for my 2006 Agony of Defeat entry, it was a good agony :p

Thanks Wilkey!!

Even though the contest is over, it would be cool to keep this thread going!!! Lets get her up to 100 pages by the end of the year!!! :laugh:

Congrats to the winners! I saw a couple that were very impressive and I'm sure it was a tough choich to pick the winner.

Damn, I was going to swoop in and sweep the awards with my Opus X "A" standing on ash... but I missed the deadline!

I was thinking the same thing but it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get so much ash and not enjoying the stick as much as I should. I was looking for a Galixia (sp) figuring a 10x100 might do a pretty impresive ash too.

Absolutely,

It was hard chosing the winners and I wish I could have given out a few more awards...but these guys were the cream of the crop. Next time around, perhaps we'll want to employ a judging panel. Whatever the case, it'll be fun I'm sure. :thumbs:

Again, congratulations to all...you have my admiration!

Wilkey

Congrats to the winners! Well done! :thumbs:

Wilkey, I'd have to agree 100% will all your choices! It's been fun to watch.