• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Not just Sharks - 2006 Champion Named!

It's stuff like this that makes me proud to have been associated with the USMC. Improvise, adapt, overcome. OORah.

Doc.

Here you go without my fat hand in the way
standup2.JPG

Looks like we have a leader :D

This has got to be one of the most interesting and amazing threads ever. Great pics! :)

Guys,

Check out my opening post in this thread for a little something extra! ;)

Wilkey

A fine bit of Ash hattery

Haha! Nice Wilkey, what's our deadline here? I need to get another submission in, hehe.

I think in fairness, the end of the weekend. I've been letting it slip a little here and there and that's ok as this is all about the ash and the fun. In any case, I'm anxious to send out some cigars. :D

I hope this thread goes on even after my little contest is done. :thumbs:

Wilkey

I think in fairness, the end of the weekend. I've been letting it slip a little here and there and that's ok as this is all about the ash and the fun. In any case, I'm anxious to send out some cigars. :D

I hope this thread goes on even after my little contest is done. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Maybe we could do a monthly contest. I'd put up some smokes for next month.
Any chance we could get another hat?

Dirick,

We'd have to talk with Rod about more hats and paraphenalia. I hear that CP hats may be coming in the near future so maybe those can be a prize. The one I had made was purely a one-off. As for other prize pay-offs, I'd say that would be fine whenever someone feels moved to put up some smokes. :) IMO, free and easy would keep it simple and stress-free.

What do you all think?

Wilkey

I think the magic would eventually disappear if it were a monthly contest. Annual might be the way to go. Post the deadline in advance and everyone would have the year to take their best shots and then be allowed only one entry.

I think the magic would eventually disappear if it were a monthly contest. Annual might be the way to go. Post the deadline in advance and everyone would have the year to take their best shots and then be allowed only one entry.

My concern exactly, Steve. Ash-standing is a quirky exercise and that novelty is something I think worth preserving.

I'm confident that we'll find a happy medium. :thumbs:

Wilkey

My concern exactly, Steve. Ash-standing is a quirky exercise and that novelty is something I think worth preserving.

I'm confident that we'll find a happy medium. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Easy solution then, instead of once a month, ONCE A YEAR contest. That way people have all year to train for the big event, and it becomes a sort of world championship of ash standing. Since it was started recently, the once-a-year contest could happen at the same time each year.

Great hat and prize pack!

I hope this thread lives on...
I think an annual contest might be too long to wait... Bi-annual? Or quarterly? Hell, a month ain't too bad...

Do it sort of like a PIF where the winner judges the next contest and sends out the next prize. That way it doesn't sit on the shoulders of one person.
In this format it could be done in shorter periods of time and indefinately!

Just some ideas...

-Rob

edited for a typo

I think an annual contest might be too long to wait... Bi-annual? Or quarterly? Hell, a month ain't too bad...

Do it sort of like a PIF where the winner judges the next contest and sends out the next prize. That way it doesn't sit on the shoulders of one person.

Just some ideas...

-Rob

edited for a typo

Rob,

That's brilliant!

Ya see? My confidence in the creativity of CP'ers is well founded. Well done, bro.

Wilkey

Just some ideas...

-Rob

edited for a typo

Rob,

That's brilliant!

Ya see? My confidence in the creativity of CP'ers is well founded. Well done, bro.

Wilkey

I'm glad you like the ideas Wilkey!
Can't let the ash stand contest die after this!

If you want to get real crazy with my ideas...
If done monthly, every winner put a primo stick or two into a side pot for a yearly winner. It should be judged by the members of Cigarpass and the winner gets the bag of excellent cigars and perhaps a belt (like a wrestling or boxing championship belt).

-Rob

I'm glad you like the ideas Wilkey!
Can't let the ash stand contest die after this!

If you want to get real crazy with my ideas...
If done monthly, every winner put a primo stick or two into a side pot for a yearly winner. It should be judged by the members of Cigarpass and the winner gets the bag of excellent cigars and perhaps a belt (like a wrestling or boxing championship belt).

-Rob

:0 :0 Whoa Rob!

Settle down a little bit buddy. Let's not turn the ash standing contest into WWE! :sign: :laugh:

Brandon

Wilkey, that hat's a riot! I tried to enter the contest the other night and ended up with an ash falling on my face and in my eye.
Good luck everybody.

The frequency of the contest could be whenever.
Heres an idea for the prizes, make it a self feeding prize.
Meaning you have to put up a stick to enter.
I personally like the annual idea, every April have the thread bumped.
Then you could have all year to get your best ash. Maybe a "Cigar Pass Best Ash '06, '07" etc. T-Shirt and/or hat. Again the shirt and hat would be optional.
Anyway, Long live the ashstand!!!!!!

Alrighty,

I couldn't stand by and let you guys have all the fun. Here is the chronicle of my ash standing attempt with the El Rey del Mundo Flor de Llaneza. It's not a championship effort, but not bad either. Consider it a warmup :D

Here's the cigar pre lightup. BTW, I found it to be a rather unspectacular cigar.
ERdMFDLashstand00.jpg

Going, going, going, going...
ERdMFDLashstand01.jpg

Gone!
ERdMFDLashstand02.jpg

Wilkey