• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2014

Now this is a Light Beer I can actually DRINK! 

image_zpsa80778ac.jpg

Third Coast Ale and a bottle of the Boulevard Rye on Rye.  I really enjoyed the Rye on Rye.

Bsneed51 said:
Microbrew Fest today. Lot of beers on the list I hope to sample. Going to try to keep a list. Should be fine for a while, but I have a feeling the late afternoon could get hazy.
The one's that were good enough to note:
Blue Blood - Wicked Snout
Cathedral Square - Holy Moly bourbon cherry stout
Boulevard - Saison Brett and Rye on Rye
C.I.B - Krieky Deeky
Empyrean - Bourbon Barrel Vanilla porter
Firestone Walker - Opal Saison
Free State - Couer de Saison
KC Bier Meisters - Bourbon Barrel RIS
Kirkwood - Big Five Oh saison
Mothers - Pulp Fiction
Schlafly - Oak Aged Barleywine
Stone - Burning Rosids
Summit - Bier de Garde

Yesterday I had some DFH Aprihop on tap, I enjoyed the hell out of this years formulation as well as some delicious Hellhound (on tap as well).
Today just 2 Brooklyn Lagers.

-Rob

I just did a basement rehab over the past 4 days.....which resulted in a Natural Light 30 pack getting pounded.

Well, not today, but I just got back from Scotland and had a few "real ales".  These have active yeast, are generally unfiltered, and are not pressurized.  Every one that I had was great.  

Filled a 32 oz growler with Coast Brewing Dead Arm.  About to finish it off with a smoke.

Here is what I've had the past 2 days:

First off, a DL 2012.  Am I allowed to say that I really didn't enjoy it?  Low carbonation, heavy molasses/malt and just too sweet for me.  Really disappointed that I didn't enjoy it more.  I have 2 left, anyone want to trade for those :D

20140511_205953_zpsg9yhzwnl.jpg

Next was the Wine Barrel Noir by Prairie.  It was a good beer, heavy wine notes and a tartness that makes this my least favorite of the great stouts that Prairie is putting out.  My wife really enjoyed it, much more than I did (sadly). 

20140509_174310_zpsyyytjohc.jpg

Omg way too many to list. See Untappd for my list of recent German,Belgian, Luxembourg, and French beers I've drank in the last week or so.

I couldn't stand it and popped the top on another of my home brewed Devil's Milk clone.  Coming along really well, drank it down in like five minutes and was tempted to get another.  :D

Delish! Sweet toasty malt that isn't syrupy, finishes clean and dry with a lingering bitterness that begs for more.

72AEC570-137D-474B-A8FE-A1CF4E345301_zpsvmcnhzzt.jpg

Touch it, love it, drink it. Nows the time on Sprockets when we dance.

bfreebern said:
Here is what I've had the past 2 days:

First off, a DL 2012.  Am I allowed to say that I really didn't enjoy it?  Low carbonation, heavy molasses/malt and just too sweet for me.  Really disappointed that I didn't enjoy it more.  I have 2 left, anyone want to trade for those :D

Next was the Wine Barrel Noir by Prairie.  It was a good beer, heavy wine notes and a tartness that makes this my least favorite of the great stouts that Prairie is putting out.  My wife really enjoyed it, much more than I did (sadly). 

I might be interested in your DL's... what are you looking for?

Great South Bay Blood Orange Pale Ale.
The bitterness reminds me if an IPA mostly orange rind coming through but only 5%.

-Rob

Sweetwater Citra Hop Hash DIPA. Usually can't do an IPA, but this was an interesting beer.

This from their site.......

"We broke the cell wide open thats been holding this hop hash locked up since the last time a Hoooter girl passed the bar. We are walking the line with this Double IPA! Not just another boy named Sue, this renegade
would get us thrown into Folsom prison with the amount of Citra hop hash we scraped from the inside of the Yakima pelletizers and fisted into this beer. This super concentrated hash is pure hop lupulin (ya know the hop kief the good stuff!) and will play a resinous riff with the pilsner, 2 row and wheat malt used to back up the man in black! With Amarillo on the drums setting the bitterness beat, Citra Hash takes the mic in the whirlpool, packing a sticky aromatic punch with potent lyrics creating a heavy hop forward set worthy of a July Carter finger dip. This is a jam
session that brings down the house in a ring of fire!"

Sitting at the Tulsa Driller game....Bud Light. Great day for baseball.