• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2014

theronray said:

Mexican Cake is phenomenal!!  Just wish I could get my hands on some.  I had the original release a couple of years ago I think.

jfields said:

I just had my last bottle of the New Belgium Lips of Faith Cocoa Mole.  It was different brew, but I really liked it.  Chocolate and some heat from the peppers.... who wudda thunk?
I haven't been very impressed with the Lips of Faith series, but this one was pretty decent. I'm really digging beers that use some kind of spicy pepper in the process. Usually turns out pretty nice.

You speak the truth, John.  This is the only LoF I would miss.  I only tried a few and gave up on them.  Never had Mexican Cake.  There was stout on Beer Geeks that sounded pretty tasty too!!  Can't remember what it was.

Had a Lagunitas IPA, Torpedo, and finished it off with a Hoptimum after dinner. This years batch is really something, (my 4 pack was bottled on June 2nd) tasted like pears/granny smith apples, hop aroma and flavor just huge.

Monday I enjoyed something called 3 philosophers? It was quite different from my normal coors light but quite good actually. It was quite odd popping a cork like champagne bottle.

Today the local bar had the  release party for 3 Daughters Brewing out of St. Pete. I had the Biminy IPA, Summer Storm Stout and Channel Marker Red. I also had a La FIn Du Monde.

Sculpin!

069AEEDF-60D8-48F4-92FA-32F1AB43826D_zpsh34du6zb.jpg

Left Hand Sawtooth Nitro Ale. Pretty good! Reminds me of Old Speckled Hen from the can.

I found some Schmaltz Jewbalation 16 the other day $6.99/bomber. There was only 3 on the stands and I was surprised this was still available as this is only made for Hannukah. Not as flavorful as the Jewbalation 14 a few years ago but it just amazed me that I was drinking an Imperial Stout at 16% and it was going down smooth. Look for the 17 when it comes around, especially at that price. John

Server at the restaurant guaranteed this one.  If we didn't like it, he'd get us something that we did.  Really good mexican beer, reminded me of Negro Modelo.

aviary_1404257749311_zpsahin8q0a.jpg

Roughtail Anniversary Ale - Double IPA.  Really reminded me of a lot of Nugget Nectar, just not as good.

20140630_184814_zpswb0n4pas.jpg

Thus far I've had a Founder's All Day IPA. I'll edit this later since I'm about to get more beer.

Leinenkugel honey Weiss for lunch, a Boulevard Brewing Co. Wheat beer for dinner.

Numb Comfort - Deep Ellum Brewery

First barley wine I've enjoyed.

Yesterday I enjoyed a 2014 La Folie from New Belgium and several Highland Black Mocha Stouts

Left hand 400 pound monkey English style IPA then a left hand milk stout.

Picked up a keg of Yellow Kite by Bristol. What a great, refreshing beer on a hot day.

Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro, sweeter than the original with more carbonation. Tasty!