• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What beer did you drink today? 2014

I was in Lexington, KY this week for work and had a few helpings of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Very interesting and actually very good.  I head back in March and will probably grab some bottles to take home.
That stuff is really strong but its great.

chiefmd said:

I was in Lexington, KY this week for work and had a few helpings of Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.

Very interesting and actually very good.  I head back in March and will probably grab some bottles to take home.
That stuff is really strong but its great.

Yes, it is certainly powerful.  Honestly it was one of the most interesting beers I've ever had.

I've had nine of these starting yesterday. They are like crack for me. I love hoppy beers, but they typically do not like me, leaving me feeling dehydrated after a few. Something about Hopslam is different....... Maybe the honey in te brew is the difference.

Ballast Point Victory at Sea '12
2h4kz1x.jpg

A Buffalo Bill's Blueberry Oatmeal Stout I put away back in 2009. Some beers age well, but this one is better fresh IMO. The blueberry was completely muted, and the aroma reminded me of Marmite. Not unpleasant, just better fresh.

How was the Victory at Sea Jeff?

Quite good, John.  I'd had it before but it's been a while.  A coworker told me this beer falls off quickly but for a little over a year old, the beer was real nice.  Perhaps the vanilla isn't as potent as it would be fresh, but it was still there.  I'll have to pick up another bottle to replace this one.  Do you guys get this in your area? 

I haven't seen it Jeff, but I haven't been looking either. We do get some of the Ballast offerings in our area though. Imperial Porters are right up my alley.
Scarfed up a case of Sour in the Rye this year. A bit pricey at $20.00 a bottle, but worth every drop. If you like sours you CA boys should seek this one out.

I want to do a head to head to head tasting of my favorite 3 IPA's.

Ballast Point Sculpin vs. Green Flash West Coast IPA vs. Lagunitas Sucks

I think I'll do it.

John that is a great photo!! :love:

Yesterday sessioned Sculpin, Torpedo, West Cost IPA, and split a Strand Brewing Co IPA.

Today just relaxing with a Sucks

Pint of Blind Pig, Pliny the Elder, Pliny the Younger, Stone IPA, and a Racer 5 by Bear Republic.

jfields said:

I enjoyed it a lot but I have never had any of the other Trappist before. You tell me what you think in a week or so when the Beer PIF gets there...  ;)

Over the last few days I've had (Thanks to Jimmy).

Blue Ridge Coffee Stout - Coronado Brewing Co :  My first coffee stout and while I enjoyed it, there was a lot of coffee going on.  I love coffee and beer, just haven't ever experienced it like this.  It was good, will seek out more.

Devotion Ale - The Lost Abbey : A very enjoyable Belgian Ale.  

Been picking up growlers from these guys (about four miles from my house, it turns out):

http://heathenbrewing.com/index.shtml

Very good craft beers.  The "Son of Malice" double IPA (8.7%...) and the RIP Porter are my two faves.  They always have at least half a dozen other beers not on their web site when you visit the brewery.  Good stuff.

Glad you enjoyed those Brandon!

Tom - Their Transcend IPA sounds good, is it on the lighter side? (Dog Fish Head 60 Min style?)