• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Where does everyone's name come from?

dixieland_conjunction said:
......maybe I should start over with Oloompa Foul Perversion as my ID so you'll get a clue ;) :love:

If you think that'll help, Dixie... :whistling:

:MMM :cool:

Uh, I'm think'n mines kinda obvious, but if there really is someone out there thst needs help with it, please post the question so I can have some fun with 'ya! :p :D :sign:

damimcc23.jpg
+
PotLeaf1.JPEG
=

Backslide420

Or the real reason is:

I used to be a pro inline aggressive skater back in the day. Rocketbackslide was by fav trick 2nd fav was a backslide. Back when I first signed up for Crapuserve in the early 90's I wanted to use rocketbackslide as my screen name but it was a pain to type. I went with my 2nd fav trick backslide. Backslide was allready taken and they sggested the #'s at the end so I clicked the 1st box and that was backslide420. It stuck ever since. Then a few years later I found out what 420 ment sooooooooo it made it an even cooler username.

Mr. Jingles is the mouse in Steven King's The Green Mile. When it came out, I liked the name and tried to use on boards I frequent. mrjingles was taken so I added USA to the end.

My real name is George Paul Stephenson, so I chose Matt R. Isn't is obvious???

Ok, I guess I'll ring in, but it's pretty obvious. I play a lot of golf and smoke a lot of cigars and that was the best combination I could come up with.

"Styx" is just a flip on Sticks as in Cigars and "Stoned" :whistling: is the old habbit before the cigar craze took over my weed budget and intrest.

And as I remember it...I used to spend alot less money on the old habbit and did not need quite as much room to store it.

sir-smokes-a-lot said:
So, after blushing at the compliment takeapuff6 paid to me, something along the line of being a genius for coming up w/ my name :D , was wondering ...

Why is that your name?

Sir-smoke-a-lot was a character from a movie called "Half Baked". He was played by comedian Dave Chappell as a rapper who smoked too much ganja. Thought the name sounded cool, so changed -smoke- to -smokes- and that's that.

next ... ?
[snapback]158073[/snapback]​
hey no problem sir...but i have to say the more i sit here the more i wish i would of done like puff the magic dragon or something along those lines, this is going to make me sound dumb but i had no idea that dave chappelle was in half baked- maybe i should take the time and actually sit down and get some inspiration from that movie. honestly i thought u had kinda got it from sir-mix-a-lot but had changed the mix to smokes...but i guess that really doesn't explain wht my name is takeapuff yet...when i figure it out i'll let you know

Sheriff Lucas Buck is the protagonist in my favorite tv show "American Gothic." A one season wonder from way back in '95. Check my avatar for a screen shot of Gary Cole in the lead role.

lucasbuck said:
Sheriff Lucas Buck is the protagonist in my favorite tv show "American Gothic." A one season wonder from way back in '95. Check my avatar for a screen shot of Gary Cole in the lead role.

That was an absolutely brilliant show. :thumbs: I'm still trying to find it on disc (hint, hint).

As for my nick, it all happened when I was hashing in Biloxi in the military back in '93. I was "awarded" the nickname, and I've been using it ever since. Hashers tend to have a warped sense of humor when giving out names, and it shows. If you happen upon any of them, ask what their name is. You won't be disappointed.

My story is very similar to CoventryCat86's. At least to some of it.

Here's the long version. My ex, when she wasn't yet, and I used to call each other nice names. I called her Spatz (German for sparrow) and she returned the favor but, since I called her that first, she gave me an addendum, like CC's 86, only mine was 1 (or eins in German). After a while (it may have been the beginning of the end and she wanted me to be the first to know), she just called me Eins without the nice part. So, that's what I still am, and I have forgiven her too.

BTW, she was a Californian girl and the reason why I moved here. Otherwise, I'd be freezing my butt off in Frankfurt now.

mine comes from the three seconds of thought I gave it while signing on cuz I didn't want to use my real name:
cigars - montecristo - monty - full monty - no,taken - half full ...half empty...that's it...

half full monty said:
mine comes from the three seconds of thought I gave it while signing on cuz I didn't want to use my real name:
cigars - montecristo - monty - full monty - no,taken - half full ...half empty...that's it...
[snapback]158660[/snapback]​

Very pragmatic, I like it. But shouldn't your title be Half Full Member?

Relatively strait forward. My initials JCP, and my nickname pyro. I just drop the second p to make it easier to type.

Lot's of great stuff here.

But, there's one I'm still confused about......

Matt R said:
My real name is George Paul Stephenson, so I chose Matt R. Isn't is obvious???
[snapback]158345[/snapback]​

:thumbs: ???

I've had several names over the years, "last minute Frank" as I'm always late for everything. Which my riding buds still call me sometimes.

I Ride a Harley, Harley Davidson just had thier 100 year anniversary in 2003.
My wife after almost 20 years, finally surprised me with my own bike for my birthday. yes, it's a 2003 Road King Classic. She say's I was a speed demon in my younger years....guess she wanted me around a while.

No more sneaking around renting bikes on weekends on my so called "fishing trips". Geez look at the money I saved....Now I buy cigars.

So, Big - a big year for Harley and a big year for me.
100 - 100 anniversary for Harley, (it's only my 25th anniversry, who wouldn't love a woman who just bought you a bike.)
HD - Harley Davidson - is there anything else?

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.